Author Topic: x-box/beer/pizza/movie night  (Read 41522 times)

Baloo the Bear

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • Crime Syndicate of Amerika
    • View Profile
x-box/beer/pizza/movie night
« on: November 14, 2005, 10:35:50 AM »
Umm.. friday evening at mine. Just thought it'd be nice to whoop some people's asses on halo, or something similar. Movies could also be watched, or even a little impromptu poker game in my kitchen, if someone brings some cards.

Also, Andy Klim, I'm told you have a chipped x-box which has a load of games already on on it's hard-drive. Therefore, my invite extends first and foremost to you, as it would be great if we could use that one rather than the one I'm going to get on pay-day.

Anyway, any takers?  
They laughed at Louie Armstrong when he said he was going to the moon, and now he's laughing at them from up there.

fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
Re: x-box/beer/pizza/movie night
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 11:36:37 AM »
sounds intriguing... i may rearrange some engagements though. btw, how many folks can squeeze in your pad?

Ace Rothstein

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 12:25:07 PM »
Perhaps - love the idea! Halo is great fun, how many controllers and systems? If there is an 8 player system link game that could be loads of fun.
No, I'm serious - I can have no interference.

Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • I'm Long Bearded Josh, & This is my personal text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.elimeyer.com/josh
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 01:55:47 PM »
As I am the man who first proposed the possibility of an xbox night when you first got here (Then sat on my ass about it until now.) I AM SO IN!

HOWEVER, I have an engagement until about 9:00 Friday night, but after it, I can bring my Xbox, my controller, my copy of Halo, and even a small TV (we need additional TVs for additional systems.)

You want more people? Marshal (In Doshi I think), Peter Martin, and Andy Smith in Fujiyoshida all have Xboxes. We use to have massive Halo nights back in the day! give them a call. additionally, people will probably want to buy controllers. Currently, they run for about 2500 used and over 3000 new.

On the Flip Side, :mrgreen:
     -LBJ
Go Dumples!

Baloo the Bear

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 03:39:25 PM »
In answer to your question fred, it can hold as many as it needs to.. it's like the tardis in many ways  :-D , though my guess is we could probably take somewhere in between 10 and 15 people, though that wouldn't be everyone playing at the same time.. I could be wrong though.

In response to Josh, I don't have the numbers of those people, but I guess the phone list will have them on there.. if there are any missing can someone let them know. Also, if you want to drop the kit round on the thursday or whenever, that'd be cool, though when you actually make the trip on friday would also be fine.

I should also note that I only have the one T.V., so if this is going to be an epic type of affair, it could possibly need the extra screens.
They laughed at Louie Armstrong when he said he was going to the moon, and now he's laughing at them from up there.

fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 03:39:59 PM »
i can bring a tv. maybe even drop it off during the week if need be......

fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 05:02:45 PM »
ok mark. sounds like a plan is afoot. lets not forget that we will need extra cables, power sockets, plug socket trails etc

i have no i idea about the xbox but how many plugs will you need?

Ace Rothstein

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 06:31:05 PM »
SO what is the controller count at?
No, I'm serious - I can have no interference.

Baloo the Bear

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 07:32:31 PM »
no idea as to the number of controllers, as I have no idea who is coming, or if the people who do want to come have an x-box or not or if any of these x-boxes have more than one controller or not. This is a complete guess, but I think that we probably have about 8 controllers, but Josh is having words with the people he mentioned in his earlier post, so we could possibly have more.

Same goes for cable and such the like.. I have four plug sockets in the living room, and one multi-socket which itself has 4 sockets, making a grand total of 7 sockets. I think we're going to need an extra multi-socket thing, and as far as other cables are concerned, I have no clue.

Best bet, if you're coming, please let me know. Call me, e-mail me or simply post here. Let me know if you have a console, and what kit you have to go with it, so I can make some sort of list of what we've got.

Sachi

• Administrator
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Im cool, I have Myspace...
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 08:21:43 AM »
Hey I might be in, Ill try and pick up a ps2 from hard off this week, Im one sad puppy without my GT4. Thanks to whats left of my GT4 skills, I still flogged the competition and won myself a shirt in a gt4 competition on the weekend, Oh yeah!
Sachi
You stay classy Yamanashi!

Adam

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • 分からないよ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 01:45:58 PM »
Hey I might be in, Ill try and pick up a ps2 from hard off this week, Im one sad puppy without my GT4. Thanks to whats left of my GT4 skills, I still flogged the competition and won myself a shirt in a gt4 competition on the weekend, Oh yeah!
Sachi

Problem with GT4 is that it tends to be at most 2 players.  And the learning curve is quite steep.  I say we stick with Halo 2.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

- Moynihan

fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 01:47:56 PM »
hey, doesn't maen we can't have a rogue ps2 set up in the corner.

variety is the spice of life :-D

Adam

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • 分からないよ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 01:48:44 PM »
Best bet, if you're coming, please let me know. Call me, e-mail me or simply post here. Let me know if you have a console, and what kit you have to go with it, so I can make some sort of list of what we've got.

Hey Mark!  A couple of problems:
-- Andy doesn't regularly check these boards, so you'll have to email him. 
-- Andy has exactly 1 controller.

I think you have about 135875234 people (myself included) who want to go to xbox night, and exactly no xbox.  Remember that bit about me saying you might want to ask if anyone has an xbox before inviting 17,000 people to show up!?  :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 01:50:48 PM by Adam G »

- Moynihan

Adam

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • 分からないよ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 01:49:46 PM »
hey, doesn't maen we can't have a rogue ps2 set up in the corner.

variety is the spice of life :-D

Oh I definitely agree.  I was just presuming Mark has only one tv.  If someone wants to bring another one that'd be awesome.

- Moynihan

Sachi

• Administrator
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 02:02:17 PM »
Yeah we should have a few tvs set up maybe runnign two or three games, maybe a linked game over two tvs, you can do that on Xbox right/?
Sachi

Adam

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • 分からないよ
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 02:13:02 PM »
Yeah we should have a few tvs set up maybe runnign two or three games, maybe a linked game over two tvs, you can do that on Xbox right/?
Sachi

Pretty sure you can.  Almost positive xbox supporst multilink in fact.  But it's all a moot point if the xboxes themselves don't show up.  Andy has one but I'm not sure if he's down to hang out with 20 people in a crowded appt.  Who else has one?

The ideal would be Halo 2 with 8 people.  Oh the hours that would be wasted staring at the video screen. :)

- Moynihan

Sachi

• Administrator
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 02:26:35 PM »
IF anyone has a screen that can handle PAL then my ps2 will work, if not Im gonna go and buy at hard off. Xboxes there are cheap too, theyre from4000Yen.
Sachi

Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 02:47:21 PM »
WOAH THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!

FIRST AND FOREMOST:
To my knowledge We currently have confirmed only 1 Xbox with 1 controller and that's the system and controller I am willing to bring. Additionally, I can't even make it until after 9:00. Mark will try and buy another xbox this week, So by game time we will have 2 boxes and 2 controllers! HOWEVER neither of us has done a link-up before and we don't know if we will be able to make it happen. (Although I have heard that it is not that hard and we shouldn't have too much trouble.)

SECONDLY: we are playing HALO 1 NOT HALO 2! None of the people already confirmed have Halo 2 and you need one copy a machine! Without the disc, the system is useless! I would like to play Halo 2 but we can't unless people have extra copies they are willing to lend us.

THIRDLY: for every system we use we need a TV! Sachi, Your idea of getting a second system in the mix is nice, but that will take an additional TV. Additionally ps2 is only a 2 player system. Xbox can support up to 4 players if we can find enough controllers! It makes more sense if we stick with the xbox unless we can manage otherwise.

If you want to get an xbox, You can find serveral varieties of xbox packages that include 4 games. I got one of these at hard off for (I think) 1,6000 the games that came with the system were; Halo, Blinx 2 (a fun 3rd person cartoonish adventure game), Top spin (tennis) AND Project Gothem Racing 2!
Sachi, PGR 2 is an AMAZING racing game! Personally I like it more than GT1 and GT2 for my ps1 (Don't get any ideas, my PS1 is back in the states.)

Peter MIGHT join in, and he has an xbox with 4, maybe 5 controllers. Two other guys from the old Fujiyoshida halo parties (two of the xbox and controller owners) are busy that night.

Let's try and get organized here. Mark, your hosting so what I'm about to say is entirely your call; I Really hate to do it, But I think we need to make a limit to the number of people that can attend. We can safely say that if you contribute a TV, xbox, controller or all of the above, than you are garunteed a spot.

Sorry to sound like an asshole,
-LBJ
Go Dumples!

Adam

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • 分からないよ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 02:50:56 PM »
Halo 1 sucks balls compared to 2.  Hope this helps :)

I agree with you on limiting the number of people though. 

Back to Halo 1 vs. Halo 2.  Yeah, Halo 1 still sucks balls by comparison.  That said, perhaps we can borrow Halo 2 from all of those guys that won't be coming yet still have an xbox?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 02:52:40 PM by Adam G »

- Moynihan

Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 02:51:43 PM »
WAIT, SACHI DID YOU JUST SAY XBOXES START AT 4000 WHERE YOU ARE?! They start at 8000 without any games up here! how much are controllers? I've only seen them go for 2500 used and 3300 New! Sach, if you find cheap Xbox gear, you might save the night for us!
Go Dumples!

Adam

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • 分からないよ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 02:53:08 PM »
WAIT, SACHI DID YOU JUST SAY XBOXES START AT 4000 WHERE YOU ARE?! They start at 8000 without any games up here! how much are controllers? I've only seen them go for 2500 used and 3300 New! Sach, if you find cheap systems, you might save the night for us!

Holy caps lock.

- Moynihan

Sachi

• Administrator
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 02:55:14 PM »
Yeah Im sure I saw one for 4000Yen when I was out with Kim. He was seriously contemplating buying it just for the DVD feature. I might head up that way and see what the hard off got tonight or tomorrow night.
Sachi

Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 02:56:52 PM »
Perhaps we can, but many of them live way out in the middle of nowhere.

Halo 1 is still an awsome multiplayer game. with that said, I need to do some actual work, I'll check back on this before I leave though.

Mark, would you be willing to get your system tonight? I could pick you up, take you there and then we could test it all out.

-Josh
Go Dumples!

ZhuZhu

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 02:58:39 PM »
I am interested in the cheapo systems Sachi! Gimme a call when you are going to make a trip to the Hard Off.

I won`t be able to make it to the game night because my sister will be visiting.

Oh, I almost forgot...

I`m Rick James BITCH!!!
"I'm whiter than sour cream"

Sachi

• Administrator
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 03:02:31 PM »
Hey Zhu Zhu you wanna cruise up tonight and check it out?
Sachi

Sachi

• Administrator
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 03:03:58 PM »
Well I think most people will be able to bring a TV and maybe a system, so we could have a few systems set up so not everyone is watching.
Sachi

Megabn

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
  • Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
    • View Profile
    • Photos
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 03:05:48 PM »
love watching the boys plan an event................... :roll:
Hi, you've reached Jimmy, if you can dream it, you can do it!

Sachi

• Administrator
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
well we are feeling kinda left out you know, you had this wonderful ladies night wear clothes are swapped, we need a little male bonding time too, and what better way than through Video Games.
Sachi

Megabn

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
  • Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
    • View Profile
    • Photos
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2005, 03:13:02 PM »
never actually happened, seems the girls are too busy for such things.  Will have to dump my clothes in front of Kofu station just like Jay Duffy, back in the day.
Hi, you've reached Jimmy, if you can dream it, you can do it!

Adam

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • 分からないよ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 03:22:20 PM »
well we are feeling kinda left out you know, you had this wonderful ladies night wear clothes are swapped, we need a little male bonding time too, and what better way than through Video Games.
Sachi

On that note, who's bringing the p0rn?

EDIT: Sorry, no need.  Forgot Mark already has 400 gigs of it.

- Moynihan