Author Topic: Back from Winter Break Activity  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Avacado

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
    • View Profile
Back from Winter Break Activity
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »
Does anyone have any fun, speaking activity my class can do tomorrow?  How about just general winter filler?  Worksheets??
There.  Now everything goes together.

Offline Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • I'm Long Bearded Josh, & This is my personal text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.elimeyer.com/josh
Re: Back from Winter Break Activity
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 12:49:44 PM »
It's a bit late, but here's sometihng I did. that you could use as filler. This was the lesson that spawned a recent I can't believe post and I was intending to post it anyway.

You should know.....
The kids had trouble with forgetting to write in the past tense so you might want to change the first part into a write the past tense of verbs activity.

Also note that Mochitsuki should be changed to mochitsuki suru or something like that (check with your JTE or local Japanese speaker) as most kids ended up writting "I play(ed :|) make Mochi."

The second page was not required. I put it there for the higher level kids would I knew would probably blow right though this.

If the kids didn't finish by the end of class it was homework. The following week I collected the prints, corrected any errors and put stickers on the papers of kids who attempted the back page.
Go Dumples!

Offline Duo Maxwell

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • This is Duo Maxwell.
    • View Profile
    • My Awesome Myspace Page
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 02:04:46 PM »
Man that is a cool worksheet. Esp. the extra credit part.
My JHS 3 kids would have loved that even if their level is low. Who doesn't want to vanquish someone over winter break?

Thanks for the download!
I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie. Yeah, that's me in a nutshell.

Offline Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • I'm Long Bearded Josh, & This is my personal text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.elimeyer.com/josh
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
Thanks, I was going to put in "defeat" but my English-japanese dictionary also said "vanquish" under defeat. I figuerd it would just sound that much cooler even if the students understand.

Either I'm glad to help, be careful that they understand it though. A few kids basically wrote as if it was them instead of thinking from another point of view. One kid wrote a bunch of things that didn't seem to fit his character at all until I realized that he took every example word and made a sentence with them.
Go Dumples!