Author Topic: goodbye lessons  (Read 2923 times)

Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • I'm Long Bearded Josh, & This is my personal text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.elimeyer.com/josh
goodbye lessons
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:31:21 PM »
I know a Last lesson thread has already been started in the jr. high section but this is a slightly different issue.

First off, If you haven't visited the "last lesson" thread then please do so, sombody else needs help too.

My problem is that my JTE just told me that she wants the kids to do a speaking game and even sounded a bit annoyed at the idea of me doing a writing activity as my last lesson (FOR CRYING OUT LOUD IT'S MY LAST LESSON LET ME DO WHAT I WANT!)

This throws both my previous ideas out the window!

I want to do sometihng special for the kids but I can't think of a speaking activity that is also a goodbye activity!

Can people give me ideas here?

-LBJ

PS
In case it's helpful to others I am posting my goodbye lesson for my ninensei.
Go Dumples!

People's Republic of Hokuto - Comintern

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • Workers to Power!!!
    • View Profile
Re: goodbye lessons
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:22:56 PM »
Why not just play their favorite game with them?  This is the last time you'll all be together.  Best to go out with a bang, right?
All powerful glorious leader

Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • I'm Long Bearded Josh, & This is my personal text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.elimeyer.com/josh
Re: goodbye lessons
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 10:01:01 AM »

Good Idea, but I generally don't do many games. We sometimes play shiritori or hangman but not since this new JTE came in. She has been having me start the classes with listenting activities instead of warm-up games.

For speaking, I occasionally would grab a quick dialogue from an activity book or have the kids write something then ask for volunteers to read, but Its been a long time since I've done main activities based on speaking.

Plus I want this to be either a goodbye or a practice for welcoming the new ALT. It's my last lesson and I really want it to be special. (I'm actually pretty pissed at my JTE for suddenly dictating that I have to do a speaking activity for my last lesson.)
Go Dumples!