Author Topic: Sasumata game wanted  (Read 1678 times)

Offline nobody

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • I am Patrick.
    • View Profile
Sasumata game wanted
« on: October 14, 2008, 08:18:08 PM »
I like to create those weird types of games that have everyone going, "How the hell did he think about that?"  So, I'm wanting to create a sasumata English game but I'm at a total loss.

Sasumata is Japanese for those long poles hanging on the walls around the school with a reversed semi-circle on the end. Personally, I think these poles are waste of money, but they are supposed to be used for when a bad person is trying to attack you. You are supposed to take this 6 1/2 foot pole off the wall and push the bad person up against the wall, sandwiching them in the cresent moon part of the pole.

So, the other day, I looked over and saw some hanging on the wall and it got me thinking.  I have never seen these poles ever used in real life so I was thinking maybe the students needed some practice with these poles.  So, I have been trying to think of a way to use that pole as an English activity but my mind is blank with ideas.

The only thing I've used these poles for is a starting line in elementary school...but besides that, zilch!!

Any SERIOUS ideas?

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
Re: Sasumata game wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:50:45 PM »
Can you stand them up like a goalpost?
Do a game where teams win points, points translate to number of rings a team have to throw onto the upturned U-part. most successful ring tosses wins the overall game. Or something along those lines.

Offline nobody

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • I am Patrick.
    • View Profile
Re: Sasumata game wanted
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 10:56:49 PM »
Yeah, it could be like sports day all over again...I love it, Fred!

What else?