Author Topic: JLPT 2010  (Read 11029 times)

Orca Salad

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
  • Fryer Carol ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: JLPT 2010
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 05:01:36 PM »
I'm going to go for the 3kyuu in December, but I dont entertain the idea that I'm even close to 2kyuu, so there we are!
"There is no charge for awesomeness....or attractiveness."

"I'm so angry I could kick an urn!"

"Gaorgh!" I'm a Manticore.

cokebotle

• Teacher
  • Noobie
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 04:10:49 PM »
So apparently the deadline is October 1st this year? At least that's what the pack said when I looked at it last night.

Gives me time to debate taking N1 or not...

shneen

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »
Here I thought I was done with this stupid test and wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.... but the over achiever in me is screaming to get certified under the new test standard.

For those of you who have taken the test in Kofu - is there parking available nearish to the test site?  I've just always taken it in Tokyo, but now that I've moved Kofu may be an easier option if I can drive.

(Damn, this means I have to be all motivated and start studying again....)

Marc!

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
  • The Marc of a good time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 12:47:36 PM »
For those of you who have taken the test in Kofu - is there parking available nearish to the test site?  I've just always taken it in Tokyo, but now that I've moved Kofu may be an easier option if I can drive.

I didn't take it in Kofu, but I seem to remember it being written somewhere that you aren't allowed to drive to the testing locations and that you must come by public transport. That was certainly the case in Tokyo, but I'm not sure about Kofu.

Oh, and on a side note, I found this particularly interesting:

http://www.jlpt.jp/e/guideline/results.html

Apparently, for N2, we only have to get a 90 out of 180 to pass this time. And contrary to the rumors that I had been hearing, we only need to get 19 points in each section to pass (i.e. 32%), compared to the 60% I thought we needed to get in each of the 3 sections.

In other words, if I understand this correctly, the N2 test is graded easier than before, albeit with slightly more difficult content.

...Woot!  :-D

Oh, and the results get sent out today, so expect them to arrive soon.

Shimokitazawa Magic

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
  • Ess to Ess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
Yeah I got my results today and found out that I passed.  I was kind of surprised that it was graded so much easier than before.  If you generally know the content you can probably half-ass it and pass the test.  I wasn't completely prepared and still passed so have faith people!!!
Just another Tokyo Joe

karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »
anyone still planning to take it in December? The date is December 5th this year.   I need to get the ball rolling and go buy my application form sometime soon. 
No doubt I will be taking a lower level than any of you butttttttttt gotta do it so I can motivate myself to study more, I think.

The Notorious M.I.G.

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 06:01:37 PM »
I am doing N4 I think.
Concilium Slaccorum ad Victoriam!

"WTF you guys?!?! It was funny to ME!" - Erik

Taisetsu na mono protect my balls!

I live vicariously through myself.

tantei

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »
I'm shooting for N2, but my kanji and vocab are both lacking, so I need to get my butt in gear.
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make SUPER lemons.

Orca Salad

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
  • Fryer Carol ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 11:44:15 AM »
I'm going to try for N3, but I've got to work on Vocab and Grammar as I have been neglecting them....

Twinkling Dookie

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
  • I like big butts and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »
I am doing N4 I think.

but, but what happened to your promise with hot jte?

The Notorious M.I.G.

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 03:04:24 PM »
She didn't uphold her end so to hell with that.

And my Japanese doesn't think I am ready for N2, nor that I could be by the test. She also thinks that N3 would be a push.
Concilium Slaccorum ad Victoriam!

"WTF you guys?!?! It was funny to ME!" - Erik

Taisetsu na mono protect my balls!

I live vicariously through myself.

Twinkling Dookie

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
  • I like big butts and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
man screw hot jte.

(take that however you want to :D)

On a much more related note:  I'll probably try to take 3kyuu this summer.  I won:t have enough time to prep for 2kyuu

cokebotle

• Teacher
  • Noobie
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 12:47:40 PM »
So I finally decided I'm going to take the JLPT this year, but Toda Books seemed to be out of stock of the application packet. Any other places I could go? Hopefully at least the bookstore in Okajima in Kofu still has some, but if not?

Marc!

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
  • The Marc of a good time
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »
So I finally decided I'm going to take the JLPT this year, but Toda Books seemed to be out of stock of the application packet. Any other places I could go? Hopefully at least the bookstore in Okajima in Kofu still has some, but if not?

I'd say Okajima is your best bet. But just in case you didn't know, the application must be postmarked on or before October 1st, i.e. tomorrow, so you should probably check out the bookstore today, grab a picture somewhere, and send it off tomorrow if you still wanna take it.

jesse

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 02:24:20 PM »
i went there yesterday and there were still some there(okajima). they are at the counter so you will have to ask them for one, they cost 500 yen.  you will have to take 5500 yen to the post office with you to pay the test fee also, by tomorrow Oct. 1st.  i havent sint mine in, but it appears that you dont need to pay postage on the envelope that comes in the application packet. 

shneen

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
You DO have to pay postage... and as long as it's postmarked by tomorrow, it's fine.

KimM.

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
  • thanks for the pic, Jen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2010, 03:36:38 PM »
mailed mine today.  N4 here I come!
Reach for the stars!

cokebotle

• Teacher
  • Noobie
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2010, 10:47:56 PM »
Thanks for the Okajima reassurances. Picked up my packet and 2 others for friends today!

Ready or not, here I go N1...

tantei

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2010, 10:44:18 AM »
The post office epically screwed me over, so I won't be taking it this December >:C  On the other hand, this gives me way more time to study for N2, the level I want to shoot for, so I'm going to start working hard on that regardless.

KimM.

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
  • thanks for the pic, Jen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2010, 11:44:15 AM »
The post office epically screwed me over, so I won't be taking it this December >:C  On the other hand, this gives me way more time to study for N2, the level I want to shoot for, so I'm going to start working hard on that regardless.

What happened?
Reach for the stars!

Orca Salad

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
  • Fryer Carol ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2010, 11:53:40 AM »
Post office lost my application so I couldnt take it in July. Gave me time to re-evaluate though, eh? Taking it next July for me.

What did happen with your Post office Snafu, Elena?

tantei

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »
Hi-five Carol, let's be July buddies!

I went in person to my local post office to make sure I paid for everything correctly, etc.  One of the ladies there even walked me through the whole process, and I felt pretty confident about getting my application in.  The next day, I had English club so I wasn't able to come home until after 5 o'clock (when the post office closes) and found the returned application waiting for me.  Apparently the lady who had been super detailed and thorough about my paying correctly and certified mail and whatnot had put the wrong amount of postage on.  :x

jesse

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »
Hi-five Carol, let's be July buddies!

I went in person to my local post office to make sure I paid for everything correctly, etc.  One of the ladies there even walked me through the whole process, and I felt pretty confident about getting my application in.  The next day, I had English club so I wasn't able to come home until after 5 o'clock (when the post office closes) and found the returned application waiting for me.  Apparently the lady who had been super detailed and thorough about my paying correctly and certified mail and whatnot had put the wrong amount of postage on.  :x

If you have the stuff stamped, and the payment reciept, i think its likely that they will accept it.  check your application instructions for more details.  unless you are positive that you are missing these things, i dont reccemnd giving up so soon.  It does mention such problems in there somewhere.

tantei

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2010, 04:24:44 PM »
If you have the stuff stamped, and the payment reciept, i think its likely that they will accept it.  check your application instructions for more details.  unless you are positive that you are missing these things, i dont reccemnd giving up so soon.  It does mention such problems in there somewhere.

I can[\i] double-check and all that, but considering the application deadline has already passed, it's probably not going to do me much good.  My envelope has to be re-postmarked if I send it in a second time.