Author Topic: Jeopardy Game  (Read 3271 times)

karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Jeopardy Game
« on: November 01, 2010, 12:10:14 PM »
Hey guys, I:ve been using this jeopardy game with 1-3rd grade and I thought you would want to use it as an emergency lesson.  It saved my ass last week when my cousin didn't show up for our class skype date.

The textbook questions are based on New Horizons.  Also, there are many categories because some of them are too easy/too hard for some years.  I alter the questions based on the skill level, too.

Just write up each category on the board with points 1-5.  There are 5 questions written for each point value so that you can choose which question to ask.  

Oh and one of the attachments has a "Sarah" category....which I doubt your students are interested in.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:12:20 PM by karta »

mackensieleigh

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Jeopardy Game
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 02:10:56 PM »
I don't even know the answers to all these questions!

karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:10:47 AM »
Some of them are specific to my kids as I have taught them certain things via warm ups.

But, for the Japan ones, they are meant to be SLIGHTLY difficult  (like whats on the 10 yen coin, for example) since, you know, it is their home country and all.

If you want to use a question that you think your kids know, but you don't, you can ask me the answer....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:12:35 AM by karta »

Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
  • rock lobster! No! ROCK PIGEON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 09:34:05 AM »
Hey guys, I:ve been using this jeopardy game with 1-3rd grade and I thought you would want to use it as an emergency lesson.  It saved my ass last week when my cousin didn't show up for our class skype date.

The textbook questions are based on New Horizons.  Also, there are many categories because some of them are too easy/too hard for some years.  I alter the questions based on the skill level, too.

Just write up each category on the board with points 1-5.  There are 5 questions written for each point value so that you can choose which question to ask.  

Oh and one of the attachments has a "Sarah" category....which I doubt your students are interested in.

Thanks!
i am the wife of the great Khal Drogo.

Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:41:39 PM »
here is a jeopardy in powerpoint format if you guys need it.

to play in class, just "view as slideshow"

the questions, of course, can be altered.

Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 12:45:21 PM »
bump...

above is a powerpoint you might use for holiday lessons---I am altering mine for 2-7's xmas party