Author Topic: Kunado JHS Communication Day 2011  (Read 5161 times)

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
Re: Kunado JHS Communication Day 2011
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 11:21:09 AM »
I spoke to my Kocho today and everything is approved for my school. I will take the letter to my BOE today and get that ok'd too for both myself and Brittany.
What is the dress code for the day? Ideally, shorts and a shirt is fine  :lol:

Offline buriko

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
I spoke to my Kocho today and everything is approved for my school. I will take the letter to my BOE today and get that ok'd too for both myself and Brittany.
What is the dress code for the day? Ideally, shorts and a shirt is fine  :lol:

I don't think you need to, Jinguuji-sensei told them to mail the letter to the BOE  :-)

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 11:48:57 AM »
Cool. I was just going on what Tezuka said to me last time we spoke about it.

Offline Marc!

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • The Marc of a good time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
Sooo yes, things are finally in motion and you should be receiving your letters in the very near future if you haven't already. I apologize for the delayed process on our end, but it looks like things are coming together.

The list of ALTs that I have down are:
1. Fred
2. Claire
3. Mig
4. Robert
5. Paul
6. Erik
7. Sarah
8. Brittany
9. Nicole
10. Conor

I'm not sure about the dress code for sure, but I'll double-check with my JTE on Tuesday when I see her. I'm guessing no jeans, but nothing formal like a suit either. I'll get back to you.

In the meantime, the only thing I would like you guys to do as preparation is to bring something small related to your home country or that you can tie into a 2-minute self-intro that you'll be giving several times throughout the day. This object can be anything from photos, a picture book, a souvenir from home, juggling balls, a badger from under your house....

I'll give final official announcements on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay, but I'm not going to be in contact with my people until then. Enjoy your weekend, and see you all next week!  :-D

Offline Marc!

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »
Alrighty, 2 days until showtime!  8-)

I asked about the dress code, and my JTE said you can wear whatever you normally wear for school, or slightly more casual if you so desire. She would prefer if you didn't wear jeans though, although I doubt anyone will be offended as long as it looks nice.

I went ahead and attached a couple documents for you guys to peruse. The first is a welcome letter that includes my school's address, a timeline of events, and other information. The most important information though is that you need to arrive at Kunado JHS no later than 9:30. It's probably a good idea to shoot for 9:20 or 9:25, as we will begin our explanation of the day's events at 9:30 sharp. The second document explains the groups you will be in, as well as a summary of the activities we will be doing after lunch.

On that note, let me know if you have any concerns about getting to my school in the morning. There are already at least 3 people spending the night tomorrow night, so that's always an option. Parking is available at my school either directly across the street, or there's a gym in between my JHS and ES that you guys can park in front of. The parking lot for the gym is right next to my JHS tennis courts, and is very easy to pull into. For those driving to mine the night before, you can use the empty gravel lot across the street from my footpath, or you can use one of the aforementioned parking lots.

Please remember to bring something small related to your home country, or something that you can tie into a really quick self-introduction that you'll be giving several times throughout the day in different small groups with other ALTs and students.

If you have any other questions, please ask me here or give me a call. My contact info is included in the first document  :-)

Thanks everyone!!  8-)
~Marc
---------------------------
DRIVING DIRECTIONS

North East Nash/Kofu: Take the 20, turn left onto the 358(Hewadori) and then turn right onto the 140 after you cross the river. Drive all the way to the very end of the 140, you'll be forced to take a right over a bridge to kajikazawa, after the bridge turn left onto the 52. 15 minutes down the 52 and soon you`ll go through a tunnel that curves to the left and then you`ll stop at a 4way stoplight with a Huga (grocery store) on the right and a big bridge on the left. Take the bridge on the left, take a right after the bridge, drive for three minutes and you`ll see the eki on the left, drive for one or two more and you`ll see a tunnel on your left (keep going), and my Junior High School will be on the left.

From West: Take the 52 south from Nirasaki/Kofu that runs along the west side of the Fujikawa river. Drive 20 minutes past Masuho, 15 past Kajikazawa, soon you`ll go through a tunnel that curves to the left and then you`ll stop at a 4way stop with a Huga (grocery store) on the right and a big bridge on the left. Take the bridge on the left, take a right after the bridge, drive for three minutes and you`ll see the eki on the left, drive for one or two more and you`ll see a tunnel on your left, and my Junior High School will be on the left just after that.

From Fujioshida: Head past Motosu-ko towards Shimobe on Route 300. Right before Shimobe there will be a right that says "to Rokugo" (Route 9, I believe). It curls down through some houses and stuff. Take this road for 10 minutes and you will eventually come to a T, you're in Kunado. Take the left at the T, 1 minute later you`ll come to another T with a small corner store in front of it, take a left again. You'll see my Elementary school on the right, and my Junior High is just after that (with tennis courts in front).

By Train: Take the Minobu line south from Kofu and get off 4 stops past Ichikawadaimon (huge firework festival place) at Kunado (really small eki). From Kunado station hang a left and walk straight for 15 minutes. Or, call me and I'll come pick you up!

~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~~
Please disregard the line at the end of the first document that states "Thank you again for your participation, and we look forward to seeing you on November 18th!"

We do, in fact, appreciate your participation, but the date is incorrect. We will actually be looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, September 29th. Thanks for pointing that out Conor!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:53:16 AM by Marc! »

Offline Marc!

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »
Oh yeah! I just thought of something.

If you want to, please bring your indoor school shoes (uwabaki). We have guest-slippers, but you will probably be more comfortable in your own footwear.

Aaaand traffic can suck pretty bad in the morning here on Route 52 (southbound). Not sure if it clears up by 9 or so, but just in case, I'd give yourself a little extra time if you're driving.

Thanks!

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2011, 10:35:05 PM »
Marc,
Thank you for another awesome day and putting me up. I had tons of fun and enjoyed catching up with the kids again. I even got to spend 15minutes with some of the sho kids too before I left. I <3 kunado

Offline Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 11:24:24 PM »
So much fun! Thanks for a great time Marc, your kids are awesome, your staff are super friendly, and your kyuushoku is delicious. Also your house is a palace.

Offline Marc!

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:35 AM »
Thank YOU all for a making our Communication Day such a smashing success!! The students and staff had a great time, and the day couldn't have gone smoother.

It's too bad we couldn't get around to the wrapping game though. I was kinda looking forward to seeing Fred and Conor in a wrap-off  :-D

Also, my house has daily intruders and mystery mold. I'm glad you guys survived the night.

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »

It's too bad we couldn't get around to the wrapping game though. I was kinda looking forward to seeing Fred and Conor in a wrap-off  :-D

I was so looking forward to this and I bet Conor was too after inadvertently giving me a small hint to the paper tearing competition.
If he wasn't hosting, pub quiz would be as good a place as any for a showdown.

Offline Professor Bonerpants

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • lord of death
    • View Profile
    • invaders
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »
So much fun! Thanks for a great time Marc, your kids are awesome, your staff are super friendly, and your kyuushoku is delicious. Also your house is a palace.
And your JTE is super genki!
But that's better than a grumpy old guy full of spite...
What do you slip into her coffee?
haha