Author Topic: Yamanashese  (Read 765 times)

OxO

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Yamanashese
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »
Does anyone know any cool examples of the Yamanashi dialect? (Koshu ben IIRC?)
Local dialects always interest me and I'd like to try and pick up a few words from around here.
A student told me something today which was then explained by a teacher- chobichobi. Apparently it basically means you're being flippant and foolish.
I:ve heard one or two others too but can't recall much....

Anyone?
毒食らわば皿まで

buriko

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Yamanashese
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 04:17:23 PM »
My supervisor has been teaching Koshu-ben. It kinda sounds like old lady talk.... haha.

One example is, "cchoshi". Instead of saying something like "soko ni ikanaide" (or "don't go over there!"), in Koshu-ben you can say "soko ni icchoshi!" and it means the same thing. Another example is "don't eat," which becomes "kucchoshi" (kui is another way to say taberu).

Another thing is "janke"... instead of saying "sou desu ne" you say "sou janke" instead.

Also another one that I've been using a lot is "te!" (てっ!) cause it's hilarious. It's like a sound of surprise or something, instead of saying "ehhh!" Apparently it's only a Yamanashi thing. But right now there's a sign outside of the Lawson's here that uses that phrase and I still laugh about it when I think about it, lol.

B-roni

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Yamanashese
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »
the "Te" thing is pretty funny to me also!

I only know a few Yamanashi-ben phrases. "ズラ" and `ケ‘ lol pardon those non matching quotes. "zura" is basically like deshoo.... いいずら? and "ke" you can put behind a lot of quesitons...but only obaachans really use both of these.

かわいいけ!
食べるけ!

not really sure exactly how it works but you'll here obaachans say it from time to time.

OH! there's also ぜ but only Peter Doolan uses that. it can be used instead of the 'ka' at the end of a question but it isn't the coolest japanese. I usually only say it to mock P-chan.

ex: 行こうぜ

:mrgreen:
B