Author Topic: Art Stores  (Read 983 times)

Offline Iggy

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
Art Stores
« on: November 24, 2011, 09:36:07 AM »
I need art supplies. Where should I go?
(I live in Minami Alps and don't drive, just to make life complicated.)

Offline mattclough

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Matt Clough Illustration
Re: Art Stores
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 09:47:02 AM »
Ive been trying to get to this one in Kofu forever, but I can't find the time because I think they close aroud 6:30 most days.  It's called Pekindo.  I think its kind of near the Vault, and its easily Googleable.  It looks good.

http://www.pekindo.jp/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:52:14 AM by mattclough »

Offline Terranasaurus Rex

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 09:56:12 AM »
Kelsey's pred 'left' her a lot of art supplies. If you want some for free you may want to ask her, but I'm not sure what there is. If I can facilitate getting them to you as well I will do what I can, seeing as I don't think you have a car and Kelsey doesn't either.
Students of mine involved in traffic accidents:

Since April 2013: 1
In 2012/13: 8

Online fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 10:30:43 AM »
From the Yamanashi guide, there is also a shop called Ink Pot which may be up your street. They have a number of branches, including one in Showa. I am not sure if they have everything you want/need though.

Offline kchew

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »
Kelsey's pred 'left' her a lot of art supplies. If you want some for free you may want to ask her, but I'm not sure what there is. If I can facilitate getting them to you as well I will do what I can, seeing as I don't think you have a car and Kelsey doesn't either.

There's a large sketch pad you can have if you want!
:D

Offline B-roni

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 11:31:32 AM »
Ive been trying to get to this one in Kofu forever, but I can't find the time because I think they close aroud 6:30 most days.  It's called Pekindo.  I think its kind of near the Vault, and its easily Googleable.  It looks good.

http://www.pekindo.jp/

This is a really nice art store however! If you try and get the during the weekends you both should have some luck finding whatever you need.  :wink:

If you walk towards 8 cafe you just keep going and you should see it there at the next intersection on the right I think. Get yo art on!
B

Offline mattclough

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Matt Clough Illustration
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
Yeah, I just went to Pekindo over the weekend and it was great.  They had just about everything I was looking for except for graphite powder.  Other than that... they're stocked.

Offline K-Bear

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »
Just wanted to update:
 I finally managed to go to Pekindo when it was OPEN, and though it is cute, I like Ink Pot more, simply due to its size and higher selection. However I would say that Pekindo is in an easier to access area.