Author Topic: Watching t'tele  (Read 985 times)

Offline OxO

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
Watching t'tele
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »
Recently I acquired a real working televisual-box. I am happy.
I wonder however....

1: What channels should I be getting? - Channel 2 for instance gives me some weird error messages as do several others. Soem I guess is because they're pay channels but others....hmm...
2: Which channel is the local yamanashi one?
3: Anyone know what channel I'll find the Kofu football game on? Or of a TV guide in English? Or...something that can help- there:s so darn many sports channels I'm clueless, the whole bs/cs thing doesn't help either
毒食らわば皿まで

Offline RobertK

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Watching t'tele
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 09:57:28 AM »
What stations do you get right now?

The yamanashi one is YBS which is....41 for me. In my area I have to pay for the basic channels since I am out in the countryside. I get 11 channels in total.

BS is if you have a satellite dish and CS is if you have premium cable, I think.

I'm not sure about an English guide....but you could look in the newspaper for the TV guide which has the main channels on it (NHK, フジテレビ fujitv, etc.)
You can't be both pro-life and anti-zombie.

Offline LozZz

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 09:57:54 AM »
UTY and YBS are the Yamanashi channels.
I think TVK is from Kanagawa, and I think the others we get here are national.

You're probably gonna find the ventforet games are on YBS/UTY, but I don't know which one as I'm not a huge soccer fan.

As for what channels you should be getting and the errors, is your TV digital?
Japan just made the switch to digital earlier in the year.

Offline OxO

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
I can get both BS and CS channels. How do you get just regular through an aerial digital?

And yeah, my TV is digital, just bought it- on the analogue one left by my pred I was getting nothing at all.

One big one I get an error on is channel 2 which seems to be just NHK. Maybe this NHK knowledge one I've heard about?

Thanks for the help.
毒食らわば皿まで

Offline LozZz

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »
Do you need to pay for the BS channels?

Offline OxO

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:42:01 PM »
OK, make that I had BS/CS. Seems the viewing past a message was temporary alas. <_<
I can still get quite a lot of channels on BS and a few on CS though. It seems this other button with one kanji meaning ground is the regular terrestrial which isn:t tuned. Shall have to figure out how on earth to tune my TV or change it into English. Oh well.
毒食らわば皿まで