Author Topic: JLPT July 2012  (Read 8774 times)

Offline NickyB

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
Re: JLPT July 2012
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 11:32:04 AM »
i called and had them fax me one of those things, because i didnt get my card from changing addresses.  I dont have anyplace to print mine out form the internet, and the one i got is like all black where my face should be.  im reasonably worried about it.

Okay follow the instructions for printing.

1. Have or buy a flash drive.(If you don't have one now is a perfect time to get one.)
2. Hopefully the file is a .doc file or .pdf if not then that's a problem.
3. If it's a .doc copy the contents into google documents. Google docs is the free online Word program. (If you can't copy/paste it then the rest of this is not helpful.)
4. Now is the tough part. Change the page size to A4. This is under the page setup options. You need to do this because convenience store printers won't print western sizes.
5. Now under the 'File' tab it says download as. Choose to download it as a .pdf. You must put the file in a compatible format and .pdf is one of the easiest.
6. Put the .pdf file that you have onto your flash drive.
7. Go to your nearest combini and print it out. Also if your work has one of the newer nice copy/printers from Konica you can use it's USB slot and print directly. The Konica ones are so awesome that you can even switch the language on it to English. Remember to switch it back after. As the only English speaker it gets back to you pretty quick if you forget. (If you can't under stand the Japanese on the machine some can switch to English. Even if it doesn't just ask a worker to help.)

That should get you a pretty good looking copy of your file.

I hope that helps you and others.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:37:28 AM by NickyB »
I am the very model of a modern Major-General
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical

Offline Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • rock lobster! No! ROCK PIGEON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »
I can print it out for you....stop by.
i am the wife of the great Khal Drogo.

Offline B-roni

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »
i called and had them fax me one of those things, because i didnt get my card from changing addresses.  I dont have anyplace to print mine out form the internet, and the one i got is like all black where my face should be.  im reasonably worried about it.

jesse if you would like me to print it out I can...just let me know ^-^
B

Offline Marc!

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • The Marc of a good time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
Just to let anybody know who took the JLPT this July, used the online registration process, and doesn't know already, your scores and results are available. Go to the http://info.jees-jlpt.jp/ site and log in using your MyJLPT ID information.

If everyone knew this already, then please disregard. I certainly didn't know until I randomly happened to stumble upon the information on the JLPT website just now.

Offline Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »
I had no idea. Awesome, gotta dig up my info again and look for that. Thanks Marc!

Offline Marc!

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 02:50:36 PM »
No problem. It only took me a couple minutes to pull up my mail inbox from May when I registered. Your ID should be in one of those emails.

And I have no idea how long this information has been available, nor do I know if everyone's information is ready at the same time. Wouldn't hurt to check your own though.

Offline Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
paaaaaaaaaaassssssssed  8-)

I was pretty confident I had when I walked out though.

And it looks from the front page like the info has been available since Tuesday for people who registered via the website. Actual certificates get mailed out on Tuesday of next week.

Offline Marc!

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »
Congraaaatsssss!!!  ^-^

Unfortunately, my assault was repelled and I'll have to strengthen my forces before another attempt is made. My Swadian Knights of conversational skills are all but useless against the stone walls of the JLPT. I shall be investing in more archers skilled in kanji offense in the coming days.

...I really need to stop wasting time on Steam.

Offline Josiah

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »
paaaaaaaaaaassssssssed  8-)

I was pretty confident I had when I walked out though.

And it looks from the front page like the info has been available since Tuesday for people who registered via the website. Actual certificates get mailed out on Tuesday of next week.

Which level?

and congrats, that's super cool

Offline Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2012, 03:25:44 PM »
Just N5. I came out to Japan with absolutely zero Japanese so this is an accomplishment, haha. Hoping to walk out with N4 by this time next year, but we'll see if I have time for that in the middle of grad school apps and GRE study and taking online prereqs...

Offline Terranasaurus Rex

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »
Just N5. I came out to Japan with absolutely zero Japanese so this is an accomplishment, haha. Hoping to walk out with N4 by this time next year, but we'll see if I have time for that in the middle of grad school apps and GRE study and taking online prereqs...

Speaking of, would you be interested in some of the study materials I ended up with? I got a book plus CD-rom of practice stuff for the new test. I even have a few full online practice tests that I didn't take, and I can give you my info and password and stuff if you want to take them. Compensation would be appreciated but not in the least required.  Just say, eff you, Terra, greedy git. 8-)

Also...when/how do you sign up to take the JLPT?? I think I'd like to try for N3 in December.... I won't pass but it'll get my ass up to study again.
Students of mine involved in traffic accidents:

Since April 2013: 1
In 2012/13: 8

Offline Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
Signups for the December test open this monday and run through until the beginning of October. Go to the link in the first post of this topic, make a JLPT userID and do all the registering junk, and then pay ( I did mine via conbini payment).

I'm not gonna touch any Japanese materials until at least January because I have a grad school level econ course starting in two weeks, GREs in a month and a half, and then half a dozen applications and essays to put together in the two months after that. I think I'm going to have to pursue Sobember in earnest this year to make sure I get things done... may also have to make it a No-game-ber as well  :-o

The short answer is thanks but "eff you, Terra, greedy git", and if you can find someone else to grab them go for it, but otherwise come talk to me around the time of ski trip and we'll see where I'm standing.

Offline Terranasaurus Rex

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 04:42:50 PM »
The study materials in question are GRE. And while a girl can dream, I'd still rather them be put to use then get money. I'll bring it to welcome party and you can decide if you want them.
Students of mine involved in traffic accidents:

Since April 2013: 1
In 2012/13: 8

Offline Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2012, 04:53:58 PM »
....oops. I'm an idiot, sorry.

Nah, i'm all set on GRE materials actually. My parents brought stuff out to me back in April and I'm using that plus SRS flashcard stuff. Thanks though!

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »
The study materials in question are GRE. And while a girl can dream, I'd still rather them be put to use then get money. I'll bring it to welcome party and you can decide if you want them.

I'll take them!