Author Topic: Furniture Stores in Kofu (around the station or can be accessed by bus)  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Reinerd

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm relatively new to Yamanashi and I'm looking for a furniture store that is somewhat close to Kofu Station for furnishing my apartment. I'm looking specifically for a couch. I've tried D2 but they seem to be out of couches. Any ideas? Thanks for reading this  :-)

Chris

Offline OxO

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
Close to Kofu station you're probally out of luck. That sort of shop is kept well away from the station since people need parking if they're picking up furniture. In Kofu where everything is designed around the assumption we all have cars (Yamanashi people are 47th out of 47 in Japan for not walking very much apparently. Woo!) especially.

Nitori (Japanese version of Ikea) is a pretty short work south of Kaisumiyoshi station.
The best place for furniture IMO is probally House Off- which is about as far from a station as you can get, a 2 mile walk south of Kofu Station and only marginly closer from Minami Kofu station...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:59:48 AM by OxO »
毒食らわば皿まで

Offline Yamanashi PA

• PA
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
Most, if not all, of the furniture stores will deliver, so all you really need to worry about is getting there.  Many of the stores, Nitori, House Off, Tokyo Interiors can easily be reached by bus from Kofu Station.  You just need to find them on a map and then show that to the ticket man/lady at the bus station.  They will tell you the number and time of the next bus to take (also, ask for the name of the stop and write that down).  You can also take a shuttle bus to Aeon Mall.  There are a few places to buy furniture there.  The Shuttle runs every 45 minutes from Kofu Station and it makes no stops in between.  Laza Walk also has Muji, a furniture store, on the first floor.  Laza Walk is about a 10 minute walk South West of Shizoaki Station. 

Offline B-roni

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
It may be a little more expensive, but Muji(無地) is on the top floor of the Yamako Department store and does have furniture. It's on the left once you exit Kofu Station from the south entrance. If you look around you can find quite a lot of good things there, it's where I found a normal sized ironing board!!

Also if you don't mind internet shopping, check http://www.rakuten.co.jp/ ...if you have google chrome you should be able to translate and navigate the site better if you have difficulty with the japanese. I like rakuten because of the cash on delivery option!
B

Offline Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • rock lobster! No! ROCK PIGEON!
    • View Profile
I would highly recommend Nitori.  THey can  deliver most large items within a week or so and the prices are reasonable from 15,000-50,000 depending on the style.

Take the Minobu line train to Kaisumiyoshi station (180 yen , 10 minutes) walk south on the road for 5-8 minutes, Niitori is on your left  --- :roll:as is Kojima the electronics store. 

You can also take the bus from Kofu Station platform 8 ( take the bus to Kofu Minami High School) which stops right after Niitori, cost is 270 yen.
i am the wife of the great Khal Drogo.

Offline Reinerd

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
thank you for the tips everyone! I will definitely check out Nitori! Thanks for the info on getting there ^-^

Also, I tried Muji but I found right at this moment they only have one couch out and it's over 80,000 yen, and I'm looking to spend under 20,000 yen if that's possible.

I will also try AEON mall though and of course that rakuten website...thank you everyone  :-D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:05:46 AM by Reinerd »