Author Topic: Request from past CIR regarding Christian volunteer  (Read 663 times)

Offline aimee

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
Request from past CIR regarding Christian volunteer
« on: June 13, 2012, 06:08:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is Aimee, your new JHS PA.

I know this is a sensitive subject and I hope this does not make anyone feel uncomfortable, but I have a request  for any JETs, English teachers, or just anyone who can speak a bit of Japanese and are Christian.

Last week, we got at a call at the International Affairs Office from the very first CIR in Yamanashi way back in 1987 (I think). Her name is Kirstin Myers and she wanted to ask a favor from any Christian who could speak at least a little bit of Japanese. Her Japanese “father” is very sick, and she wanted to share her faith with him. She will be visiting Yamanashi in July but in the meantime, she was wondering if anyone in the area who is Christian could help. If anyone volunteers, she would call and explain the situation.

Jeffrey, the other CIR at the International Affairs Division at the Kencho, is in charge of this. Please contact him at the following email and he will connect you to our sempai, Kirstin.

jeffrey-cjtc@pref.yamanashi.jp

I know this is a sensitive topic and I hope this does not make anyone feel uncomfortable. If it does, moderators, please feel free to delete this topic or move it.

Thanks!

Online fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
Re: Request from past CIR regarding Christian volunteer
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:36:36 PM »
As far as I am concerned, it is fine to ask this. It is really up to the person who wants to do the translating.

Offline Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • rock lobster! No! ROCK PIGEON!
    • View Profile
Re: Request from past CIR regarding Christian volunteer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:06:40 PM »
you might want to try Bonnie, she comes online from time to time and has strong ties to the church in Kofu.
i am the wife of the great Khal Drogo.