Author Topic: A store for quality photo prints  (Read 1110 times)

Offline XxDJCyberLoverxX

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
A store for quality photo prints
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:09:25 PM »
I mentioned in my welcome message that I'm really into photography. I have some pictures I would like to make high quality prints for. I've never gotten my pictures printed in Japan, but I don't think the typical Yodobashi Camera picture booth/machine would do it for me.

I'm looking for a place that makes good quality prints in 10x10 (square), 8x10, 8x12, and 10x20 sizes.

I use mpix.com back at home (Los Angeles), but they don't ship outside to the U.S.

Can anybody recommend a place that would print photos in bigger sizes like this?

Thanks!

-- Daniel --

Online fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
Re: A store for quality photo prints
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »
This came up a few years back and there was no decent answer to it.
http://www.yetijapan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5189.0

Offline XxDJCyberLoverxX

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 01:15:06 AM »
Thanks Fred! I'll try to search some more around my area. If not, then I'd have to resort to finding a place in Tokyo, too.

Offline shneen

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 10:32:30 AM »
Shooting digital or film?  I usually go through Camera no Kitamura...  http://www.kitamura.jp/    You can upload from your computer or take a memory card into the store....  You'll need some Japanese to work the website, but it's not too hard.  You can select to pick up the prints from the nearest store and pay in cash when you pick them up, or pay by credit card and have them shipped.   You may need to poke around on their website a bit to see if they have the sizes you need.... print sizes are slightly different here.

Biggest I've ordered from them is 4kiri (slightly bigger than A4 size), but I've also gotten postcards and things made through them and have always been happy with the way things turned out.   

They also have film services, but as I have yet to get my hands on my film camera, I haven't tried them yet.....

Offline LozZz

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 02:07:30 PM »
There are a few non-JETs that don't use the forum who are quite into photography. I have no idea where they get their stuff printed though

Offline XxDJCyberLoverxX

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 01:09:14 AM »
Thanks for all of the replies! I'll keep looking around, but in the meantime, I'll check out Camera no Kitamura!

I wanted to give some pictures to a friend as a present, so I buckled down and decided to use the website I use back in the U.S. and having my brother send it to me.  :-(