Author Topic: Anyone know where a Bike (repair) shop is around here?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline samlincoln45

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
Anyone know where a Bike (repair) shop is around here?
« on: August 31, 2012, 07:00:07 PM »
So my bike needs a new intertube, so until I can find a shop that sells em or can repair it, it looks like Im walking everywhere.

Anyone know of any good places I can take my bike? I live in Minami Alps btw.

Thanks,

Offline andypj1

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know where a Bike (repair) shop is around here?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »
Did you try D2?

Offline Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • rock lobster! No! ROCK PIGEON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »
Bicycle repair shops are EVERYWHERE.  I pass 7 on my way to work.  Even in the country side, in the mountains, there is one smack across the street from my scdhool.

They are often combined with scooter shops and generally have a Yamaha sign out front, or a dozen bikes lined up.  Try a google maps search with your town name.
i am the wife of the great Khal Drogo.

Offline OxO

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:55:55 AM »
Yeah they're all over. They often look like someones house. You should ask your teachers or your kids even- when my bike first broke some students took me to a repair shop.
毒食らわば皿まで

Offline jesse

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 12:08:06 PM »
Theres a D2 in kushigata, a kuroganeya in shirane, and i forget the name but some small homestore with a rooster, in hatta as well as j-mart. there are probably more. if you are more specific than minami alps i could tell you more specifically where you can go.  You will be better off buying a tube and air pump to fix it because its probably cheaper then repairing it at a shop and its pretty easy. 

Offline Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
Theres a D2 in kushigata, a kuroganeya in shirane, and i forget the name but some small homestore with a rooster, in hatta as well as j-mart. there are probably more. if you are more specific than minami alps i could tell you more specifically where you can go.  You will be better off buying a tube and air pump to fix it because its probably cheaper then repairing it at a shop and its pretty easy.

having your tube patched will cost you around 500 yen. 
To replace the tube, it costs (back tire) 1200. front 800-1000
new basket 1800
new gear cable: and repair 1200

(these were all done on my bike)

Offline jesse

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:28 PM »

new basket 1800

Thanks for whe price quotes on the bike shops you went to in kofu........

there are plenty of places that will tell you watever price they feel like since its not posted anywhere at most places like the ones you described.  last time i was at kuroganeya ( a store like D2, i was given a 2000 quote for a front tire tube replacement for a mamachari.  and everytime ive asked to get something done there it normally takes them a day or 2.

when i did live in the minami alps and needed a tube for my foldable bike, I went to a small bike shop like the ones you suggest, i was told it would cost me 1500 for the replacement of the tube and then 600 for the price of the tube, and at least 2 days to wait for the order of the tube.  so i went down the road a few hundred meters and bought a tube for 350 and an air pump for 800 then did it myself about 20 min later. 

so from my exprience i think buying a pump, or maybe using one at school and doing it yourself is the cheapest fastest and easiest option.

but obviously you can do whatever you want.

Offline Karurosu

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Creepin' in Kofu...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 02:31:13 PM »

new basket 1800

Just got my bike fixed near Kofu station on Sunday.  Just took a couple of minutes. The cost there is Y2500 for a tube replacement, Y1000 for a patch and Y700 to change a broken valve.  I got the Y1000 patch and based on those prices I was probably ripped off, but I'm too lazy to care. Still, I'll fix it myself next time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:55:31 PM by Karurosu »

Offline Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
I like building a rapport with the bike shop I go to.  The small repairs they usually do for free...and like this morning, when I had to drop it off to have a cable replaced, they said it would take a day, so they gave me an electronic bike free of charge to use in the interim.

50 percent of the time it's the electric bike, 50 percent of the time it's the regular loaner.  Either way, they always give it to me free.  :-D

Offline andypj1

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
Truthfully, with a few tools and about an hour of free time, you can fix just about anything yourself.  I fixed my front breaks and my light for about 1,500 (1,200 for new tools and 300 for the parts.)