Author Topic: Clair Japanese Text Books 2012  (Read 668 times)

Li_Li

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Clair Japanese Text Books 2012
« on: October 09, 2012, 03:32:27 PM »
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:18:22 PM by Li_Li »
"Humour. It is a difficult concept" - Saavik
---
"Where are we going?" -- McCoy
"Where they went." -- Kirk
"What if they went nowhere?" -- McCoy
"Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all." -- Kirk

karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Clair Japanese Text Books 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
Hey Li_Li, unfortunately I will have to be the one to deliver you the bad news.
So, yes, the advance program does have writing assignments included with most of the monthly books.  However, they do not actually go through and correct each one.  I think they did this in the past and I was also under the impression that that would be happening otherwise why bother having us write at all?

However, they give you a point score based on god knows what and provide you with a sample of what the writing should look like.  For example, if your writing prompt was something like "what would you tell a friend from your home country who said they wanted to come to Japan?"  (which is ridiculous because how often are they able to read Japanese? but whatever), you write your essay and they send back a sample essay of that topic that may or may not have anything to do with what you wrote.

I always received somewhere between 8-10 points (10 being perfect?) and never once received a reasoning why or any corrections and never even got my essay back so you can't go back and read it again anyway.

I will say that I did the print copy, not the online version.  I don't have access to a regular computer at work so it may be different in that situation.