Author Topic: Yeti Spaghetti, April 5th, 2013  (Read 2516 times)

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
Yeti Spaghetti, April 5th, 2013
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:40:34 PM »
[SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE details]I have recently once again gone through the Spaghetti contacts and fixed some broken emails, etc. If you would like to Subscribe, please send me an email with the subject SUBSCRIBE. If you have been added and would like to unsubscribe or just would like to unsubscribe for any reason, just send me an email to [email protected] with the subject UNSUBSCRIBE.  Thanks!

Sorry for the particularly lengthy Spaghetti this time around.  We have many exciting things happening in this issue.  My favorite Yeti Event, the Nash 500, is next weekend!  Also, we are now holding elections for the new Yeti Council.  Please take the time to read the event and come join us.  Also, please read each candidate's blurbs and take a minute to vote for your favorite!

YETI and AJET news

----Nash 500, Prefecture-wide Scavenger Hunt! April 13th----
It's time for my favorite Yeti event!  Nash 500!  Please let us know if you plan on participating, you can simply reply to this email!
Saturday, April 13th 9:30 AM at Aeon Mall Kofu Showa

What is Nash 500?

It is a prefecture-wide scavenger hunt that gets participants to explore Yamanashi. Participants gather into teams and drive around the prefecture visiting various famous landmarks, buildings and interesting areas to collect pictures and complete tasks.  We will dress up in costumes and do various challenges all over the prefecture!  But, time is ticking so be sure to get it done quickly and meet back at desginated meeting points.

What do I have to do to join?

First, create your own team and post it here!  You can have as many teammates as will legally fit in your car.  Usually this is 4-5 people.
Then, choose your theme together.  Examples of team themes in years past are Dukes of Hokentucky (Dukes of Hazzard costume and decorated car), Go Go Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro costumes and car), Rainbow Racers (Mario Kart theme). You can choose any theme and costumes but you WILL BE JUDGED ON APPEARANCE so choose wisely! 
Next, post your team mates names and team name here!
Last, Show up!

What does it cost?
It is FREE, but you will need to split the cost of any gas or tolls used with your fellow teammates.

When is it and where do we meet?

Saturday, April 13th, 9:30AM at Aeon Mall in Kofu Showa. Please meet in parking lot C.  If you cannot see us, please get in touch with a council member on the day of.

The hunt organizers will speak and distribute the clue sheets for the morning's tasks at 9:40 sharp, at which point you're free to get started. Check-in points and times will be detailed in the materials distributed at the start, this will include the morning tasks. We will have certain tasks to be completed before lunch, we will all meet again at lunch time and you will be given a second set of tasks to complete before dinner time.   
The hunt will end at roughly dinner time at a location to be disclosed, at which point we will tally points and distribute awards and prizes while everyone eats dinner. We will also announce the results of voting for the next year's YETI council at this time!

Get to planning!  Post here when you know your team!  If you do not know who you wish to be teamed with but want to participate, please also post here and we can maybe hook you up!  Remember, at least one person in your team must own/rent a car to participate.  This event absolutely requires one driver and car for each team.

----YETI Council Elections! Voting open NOW until April 11th!----

So, it is that time of year again!  The current council's last event will be the Nash 500!  Winners of the new council will be announced at that time so I strongly suggest candidates participate in the Nash to hear the results.  Chandre Davids was the only nominee for Secretary, so she will serve as the 2013-2014 Yeti Council Secretary.

We are holding elections for President and Treasurer.
Voting Rules:
1. You must be a current, verifiable ALT or CIR working in Yamanashi to be eligible to vote. *You do not have to be a JET*
2. Please indicate YOUR FULL NAME on your vote.
3.You can vote by PMing karta on the forum, sending a private message to the Yeti Council on facebook OR sending an email to [email protected]
4.You can only vote for one person for each role.  You may vote for yourself if that applies.

Voting is open NOW until Friday, April 12th!

Here are the nominees!
President:

------Michael Martin (President Candidate)------
Michael is a first year ALT in southern Yamanashi.  He is currently the First Year Representative on the YETI council.  Because of this, he has been able to gain an insight into how the council operates, as well as what works and what sometimes doesn't work.  Michael's somewhat distant location from most of the active members of the YETI community means that he has a slightly different view of the prefecture and it's opportunities, which would bring a fresh perspective to the position of YETI President if he were to be elected.

Thanks!

------Fred DeCondappa (President Candidate)------
Hi everyone, I would like to run for the position of YETI president and here is my blurb.

I think I would be a good YETI president for a number of reasons. The position requires someone who is organised, hard-working, motivated and approachable. Should you vote me in as president, I think I can bring all these qualities to the table.

Additionally, I feel I have the experience needed to run YETI and to form a great team with the members of the council. I was President in 2005-2006, which led to YETI winning the 2006 AJET award for Most Improved Prefecture. In recent years, I have organised the ski trips which have grown bigger every year and now encompass people from all over the country, using all of the aforementioned qualities.

Should I be voted into YETI, I intend to work with the other council members to improve YETI as a team. Personally, I think that YETI creates great events. However, they would not be GREAT without you guys. So, I would focus on getting more of the ALT community involved, no matter what their job type nor where they live.

Treasurer:

------Amanda Ramond (Treasurer Candidate)-------
Hello all!
I'm Amanda Ramond, ALT at Isawa JHS. I'm a first-year, American JET running for Treasurer of the YETI Council. I have enjoyed the YETI events and meeting the community since I arrived. I would like to give back through service on the council as Treasurer.
Ideas for the 2013-2014 Council

continuing a Point Card system
    reviewing the budget to make events more widely accessible

Qualifications for Treasurer

2+ years experience as a private contractor. Responsible for: budgeting; keeping deadlines; organizing information; being resourceful!
    2007-08 Secretary of Circle K International, UC San Diego Chapter. Responsible for: budgeting; keeping records for all members, member hours and standing; regularly balancing numbers for such records; updating members of their status monthly; managing sub-committees
    2004-05 Treasurer of Van Nuys HS Anime Club. Responsible for: collecting dues; maintaining member lists
    being a dork who likes working with numbers and is fairly good with them?!  :-D

I would like to continue getting to know everyone and having fun with YETI in the coming year. I hope to have the opportunity to do so as YETI Treasurer. 

Thank you!

------Wagner Soto (Treasurer Candidate)------

Hello everyone,

I am running for Treasurer. Before becoming a JET, I worked as a paralegal at a major law firm in Boston. I managed multiple projects while attending to the needs of my clients and the attorneys I assisted on a daily basis. I am used to dealing with very strict deadlines as well as working under pressure. I am also very responsible with money and a great team player. I'd love the opportunity to serve you on the YETI council.

Thanks,
Wagner

----AJET Tokyo Disney Day----
This event is open to EVERYONE, not just JETs!

Wanna go to Disneyland or DisneySEA?  Join AJET's Disney Day!  Since you will be joining a large group, you are entitled to the group discount rate. Adult tickets will be 5600yen but you MUST reserve the ticket via a special form posted on the facebook event page!  You must also choose which park you would like to go to (Disneyland or Disneysea), there will be groups going to both parks.

Date: April 20th, 2013
Time: Meeting anytime between 7:30 am and 3:00pm

More information (and how to get your tickets!):  http://tinyurl.com/d5hblem

Events around Yamanashi

----Shingen-Ko Festival----

Information taken from the English version of Yamanashi Kankou, written by our CIRs.

Every year, the Shingen-ko Festival celebrates the legacy of Yamanashi’s famous warlord, Takeda Shingen, with the roars of samurai and folkspeople, delicious food and materials at stands around the station and the castle park with cherry blossoms in full bloom, and a variety of stage shows and performances!

This year’s festival will be held from April 5th to 7th. The main highlight is the Koshu Battalion Deployment, which is Japan’s No.1 largest reenactment of warriors. Around 1,500 locals dress in traditional samurai costumes and commence on a march around Kofu.

This year’s deployment will be led by the famous actor Ken Matsudaira as Takeda Shingen and Kota Masago as Yamamoto Kasuke. After a deployment ceremony and sake ritual, Takeda Shingen, bathed in torchlight and surrounded by his 24 generals, leads his army along the streets of Kofu. The Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan banner, representing a philosophy Shingen adopted from Sun Tzu’s Art of War, is flown from one end of the prefecture to the other.

Do not miss out the excitement of Yamanashi’s greatest festival!

Date: April 5-7
Time: Many events happening on each of the three days, the Koshu Battalion portion of the parade will begin around 5:30.

For more information and full event schedule in English please take a look here:
http://www.yamanashi-kankou.jp/foreign/english/english144.html

----Kai no Kaiun Sake Brewery Tours----
*This information was taken from the English version of the Yamanshi Kankou website that is written by our hardworking CIRs.* www.yamanashi-kankou.com/index/english.html

While you enjoy the beautiful sceneries of Mt. Fuji and Fuji Five Lakes, why don’t you also try the delicious “Kai no Kaiun” sake made with Mt. Fuji Spring water! The brewery is only 10 minutes walking distance away from the Kawaguchiko Station!
Ide Brewery stated to make the sake about 160 years ago. In order to let more people to learn about the history and culture of Japanese sake and the “Kai no Kaiun” sake, the brewery started the sake brewery tour in 2010. You can take a 30~40 minute tour to learn the history and brewing process of Kai no Kaiun sake. (The entire brewing equipment set is only available to see during the brewing season –November~March ).  Free Sake tasting is included!
Date: Each Day from November to March
Time: 2 tours a day, 9:30 AM and 3:30PM
Cost: 500 yen (includes a drinking glass)
Reservation must be made by calling Ida Brewery (0555-72-0006), Tours are available only in Japanese.
Access: 10 minutes walk from Kawaguchiko Station
Address:38371 Funatsu, Fujikawaguchi, Minami-tsuru-gun, Yamanashi

For more information: Kai no Kaiun, Ida Brewery http://www.kainokaiun.jp/home.html

----Fuji Shibazakura Festival----
This is a beautiful display of shibazakura, or pink flowers growing on the ground.  It has always reminded me of The Sound of Music but they won't take too kindly to us skipping through the flowers.  In the same area, they will also have the Fujisan umai Festa which will feature many Yamanashi specialty foods such as Yoshida Udon and Houtou.  For a small price, you can also take advantage of the foot bath after the long walk around the park.

Date:April 10th - June 6th
Time: Each day from 8:00am-5:00pm
Location:  富士本栖湖リゾート(富士河口湖町本栖212)Fuji Motosuko Resort, Fuji Kawaguchiko Motosu 212
Cost: 500 yen, 200 yen for children
Access: Parking is available for 500yen, there is also a bus available from Kawaguchi ko station, it takes 30 min.

Map and more information here: www.shibazakura.jp

Events in and around Tokyo

----2013 Tokyo Yamathon----

Fred is organizing teams for this event so please read what he has to say:

Have you ever been to Tokyo? Have you ever ridden the Yamanote line? Are you interested in seeing the city in a whole new way? Here is your chance! The International Volunteer Group Japan (IVG) is having its fourth annual Yamathon on April 20th, 2013 to raise money for Oxfam, an international relief organization that will use the proceeds to help those living in poverty around the world.

What does it involve? Instead of riding the Yamanote line, teams of 3-4 people walk the entire length of it taking photos at each station with the goal of finishing together in under 12 hours.

The Yamathon is only as strenuous (and as fun!) as you want it to be. It is like taking a decent walk for up to 12 hours. It is possible to run it as well, but you finish as a team, so the last member sets your overall time. Aside from random acts from Mother Nature like typhoons, the biggest challenges are blisters and strained muscles, but more information and advice about preventing this will be posted later. As teams walk around Tokyo, you are never far from a combini or a toilet stop should any needs arise.

I will be dealing with the registrations, fees, teams, hotel bookings, and any other logistical questions/concerns if you have any. Once fees are paid, however, it will be too late to pull out financially. I can also help if you want to invite your friends and make your own team too.

When: Saturday 20th April 2013
Meeting Time: 06:15
Starting time: 07:00
Meeting point: At the entrance of Yoyogi Park (2 mins walk from Harajuku Station)
Team Registration Fee: 8,000 yen per team
*100% of your team fee will be donated to Oxfam Japan*

More information: http://www.tokyo-yamathon.com/

----Wan Wan Carnival, April 13-14th----
Apparently, this event is in it's 6th year.  Seems to be very different to Western Dog shows with lots of comedic twists. There will be an afternoon stage show where dogs and their owners perform skits.  On Sunday, they will have the Super Sit Challenge where dogs must sit stationary for 2 minutes.  The event will also have stalls selling various doggie goods.

Date: April 13, 14
Time: 10am-5pm
Admission: FREE!

More information in Japanese: http://wanwancarnival.com/

----Japan Brewers Cup and Festival, April 5-7th----
Japan will be starting the Oktoberfest kick this month and next month.  This is just one of the many festivals surrounding beer which will feature breweries from Japan and abroad.  This one is a weekend long craft beer festival.  You will be able to sample 70-80 microbrews while judges decide which one is the best. This is a pay-as-you-go festival.

Date: April 5-7
Time: 1pm-9pm Saturday, 1pm-7pm Sunday
Location: Yokohama International Passenger Terminal,1 Kaigandori, Naka, Yokohama, Kanagawa
Access: A few minutes walk from the Nihon-Odori Station (Minatomirari Line)
Admission: 500yen at the door plus pay-as-you-go beer.

More information in Japanese: http://baybrewing.jp/jbc2013.html

Fun Stuff/Useful Stuff

---Fun Links----

The Dexter Hit List: http://www.thedexterhitlist.com
Cute little prank to play on your friends or family.  You enter in your friends name, occupation, etc.  The website generates a link to a video of a press conference describing your friend as  a potential (dexter?) victim. Kinda similar to that creepy facebook application that was going around that featured you or your friends FB profile to make it look like you were being stalked by a serial killer.

Personality Test : http://similarminds.com/jung.html
Obviously not the real myers-briggs test which involves real people scoring your tests and a couple of hundred dollars, but something fun to pass the time. 

Draw My Thing: http://drawsomethinggameonline.com/
Basically the same as Draw Something but you can play it in your browser and with total strangers.  Loads on old computers.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:22:27 PM by karta »

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
Re: Yeti Spaghetti, April 5th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:12:56 PM »
Also, BIG APOLOGIES to fred because I spelled his name incorrectly in the email version of the spaghetti (but fixed it here after reading it after my enkai)! I'm so sorry!

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »
No worries at all Sarah. My name is annoying long anyway.

Offline Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 01:14:48 PM »
What level of Japanese do each of the candidates have? I feel like it's important to have at least one good speaker per council...

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 10:44:05 AM »

I know that Chandre, Amanda and Wagner all do speak a little Japanese and I know that Wagner is taking lessons as well.

Other than that, it may be best to ask them personally as they didn't include it in their blurbs.

Offline buriko

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:46:35 AM »
What level of Japanese do each of the candidates have? I feel like it's important to have at least one good speaker per council...

I am a little worried about this as well...

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:44 AM »
This is why we have a nomination process, people  ^-^.  But anyway, I know that Emily M. was nominated but she  declined her nomination.  These are our candidates, so please still vote!

Offline Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:31 AM »
Yeah I wasn't asking you specifically Sarah, sorry if it came out that way. I was asking in the hopes that the candidates would provide the information themselves.

And a nomination process doesn't really do any good when you don't know people who went to run. Heck, even getting the current candidates to run was like pulling teeth (as it often is).

Offline Terranasaurus Rex

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 12:30:44 PM »
Could be wrong, but I remember thinking Chandre had really good Japanese??
I know Amanda can get stuff done too if necessary. (Even if she hates talking on the phone, she is capable. I've seen it!)
Students of mine involved in traffic accidents:

Since April 2013: 1
In 2012/13: 8

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
And a nomination process doesn't really do any good when you don't know people who went to run. Heck, even getting the current candidates to run was like pulling teeth (as it often is).

But everyone sold the jobs so well! I don't know why anyone would be hesitant :P

Anyway, I don't know what is considered "good" at Japanese. But Japanese Studies was my major; four years of language study. I'll admit the long gap between graduating and using it again when I arrived last July made me lose a large chunk of it. Since living here though, I've gotten back into the swing of things and use it fairly confidently in one-on-one conversations despite frequent grammatical errors. Uh, giving speeches and such in Japanese might be a different issue, but I have done it a couple times (in the forms of self-introduction and parting words haha).

Offline Terranasaurus Rex

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 12:38:25 PM »
But everyone sold the jobs so well! I don't know why anyone would be hesitant :P

eheh.   :roll:

Hey. Getting ME to run wasn't pulling teeth. I knew what I was getting myself into and I DID enjoy it despite the....incessent complaining. Some people are good at some things I'm just good at complaining okay, sorry. I'd like to get better at shutting my big trap...practice makes perfect right? I'll start right now.    :-X
Students of mine involved in traffic accidents:

Since April 2013: 1
In 2012/13: 8

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 01:15:12 PM »
Japanese ability is a bonus for sure. There are certain events where it isn't needed at all i.e. pub quiz and sports day.
Others do need a good amount of communcation in Japanese i.e. Winter party and Sayonara party. However, these are mostly to do with reservations.

Looking at the candidates, I think all of us would be able to do it. Sure, it may be a struggle but it can be done. If not, we have friends who have the level needed.

Personally for me, there are many who have much better Japanese than me. However, I have done reservations and the such like over the phone and over the net many times and although not the smoothest experience, I have never had an issue.

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »
For those of you sending me votes, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME!

The reason I am asking is that I am not always sure of who you are if I am not familiar with your forum name or email.  I can't accept votes from those who are not current ALTs and without your name, I have no idea if you are or not.

For those of you who are opting to vote someone only for President or only for Treasurer, I urge you to talk with the candidates for the position you are not familiar with so that you can make a vote. 
Here are the forum names:
Fred- fred
Michael - mike
Amanda - aMandarinAlmond
Wagner - swagnorious

If you are in any way concerned about the confidentiality of your vote, please email me your vote at: [email protected]

I am the only one with the password to this email and I can assure you that I will be the only one to see your vote.

Also, Voting is open until 4:00PM, FRIDAY APRIL 12!

The reason is because the winners are announced at the Nash 500 on Friday April 13th.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:44:34 PM by karta »

Offline Shandi

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 04:20:36 PM »
Could be wrong, but I remember thinking Chandre had really good Japanese??
I know Amanda can get stuff done too if necessary. (Even if she hates talking on the phone, she is capable. I've seen it!)

If I recall correctly, Amanda and I met over a very unexpected break-out into a Japanese conversation  :-P

I may not be in the running actively now (had a bit of a "d'oh!" moment  - I definitely wanted in, but the democratic way might have been more tasteful ^_^"), but I will say that where I lack in proficiency with my Japanese (which really isn't that good), I make up for with a poker face of confidence and a determination to be understood/understand.

I've noticed that Amanda's level is really good though. She's saved me from a confusing situation more than once.

I agree with fred though in saying that I'm sure between everyone there is enough Japanese, or means to get help with Japanese, to make things work out smoothly.

Offline mike

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »
Michael - mike

You've revealed my secret identity.  =(

Offline Shandi

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 11:48:11 AM »
I always thought your name was Mike!
The glasses have come off - Clark Kent is Superman!  8-)

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »
risking throwing vote away here but just wondering why you have to be an alt to vote (im not)? is yeti only for alts? is the council only alts? i thought yeti was just about gaijin in yamanashi? or at least open to english teachers?
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »
English teachers (eikaiwa) are open to vote.  But saying only English teachers who are foreign, school , eikaiwa or immersion kindergarten and CIRs just got too long.  Sorry for the use of the terms ALT/CIR. 
Seems most of you got the message, though since I got votes from all walks.

To answer your other question though, yes, the Council is all ALTs though the council is open to eikaiwa teachers as well.  However, none have been nominated this year.  We also keep an AJET affiliation which means at least one representative is normally a JET.  However, there is no requirement that someone on the council has to  be a JET.  If the council would be compromised of all non-JETs for whatever reason though, we would lose that affiliation.

Those NOT working in Yamanashi or NOT working as a foreign English teacher and/or CIR,PA cannot vote (sorry!).  I have contacted those who that applies to if I got their vote and could not accept it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:28:23 PM by karta »

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 02:27:31 PM »
I kept having to edit that post to include more and more terms which shows you why this is rather complicated to put into a post detailing voting.  As I said, if I couldn't accept a vote, those people were contacted individually.

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 12:38:15 AM »
ok. thanks. i voted anyway but thought id mention it.
most of YETI members are JET and ALTs and there's not a lot of eikaiwa or suchlike so i guess im a minority of a minority

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 12:57:01 AM »
I think Sarah is going through the same thought process that I had to when I changed the name from ALT to teacher on the forum. It's just semantics and we aren't trying to exclude anyone. 

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 02:25:49 AM »
yeah i remember. im really not that bothered, maybe its just that we (i) are a minority so therefore forgotten about a bit. i wouldn't think of refering to an alt as an eikaiwa teacher because i know there not but it happens the other way round becasue there's less of us. in fact...

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 12:20:25 AM »
There are lots of eikaiwa teachers in Yamanashi and I definitely did not mean to exclude anyone.  It was a careless action on my part to say the term ALT and for that I sincerely apologize. In fact, a lot of people voting in this election I rarely see at YETI events and I really hope that this means if their chosen candidates win, that they will want to become more involved in YETI.  I really commend you for taking an active role commenting on the forums, coming to YETI events and voting in the election.

I think I can speak for the present and future councils and say that we are always hoping to extend the reach of YETI which is why even if some native Japanese friends, non-English teacher foreigners and people living outside of Yamanashi are not allowed to vote or in some cases, join the forum, they are always welcome to connect with the YETI council via facebook and the Spaghetti.  We try to keep everyone in the loop who wants to be included in those ways.

By all means, if you know someone who wants to be included, please invite them to the forum, facebook and the Spaghetti.  We've had a lot of success this year in enticing some new faces to events just because we have a facebook group and I would love to see that continue to grow and I know the new council will feel similarly.

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 01:32:15 AM »
There are lots of eikaiwa teachers in Yamanashi and I definitely did not mean to exclude anyone.  It was a careless action on my part to say the term ALT and for that I sincerely apologize. In fact, a lot of people voting in this election I rarely see at YETI events and I really hope that this means if their chosen candidates win, that they will want to become more involved in YETI.  I really commend you for taking an active role commenting on the forums, coming to YETI events and voting in the election.

I think I can speak for the present and future councils and say that we are always hoping to extend the reach of YETI which is why even if some native Japanese friends, non-English teacher foreigners and people living outside of Yamanashi are not allowed to vote or in some cases, join the forum, they are always welcome to connect with the YETI council via facebook and the Spaghetti.  We try to keep everyone in the loop who wants to be included in those ways.

By all means, if you know someone who wants to be included, please invite them to the forum, facebook and the Spaghetti.  We've had a lot of success this year in enticing some new faces to events just because we have a facebook group and I would love to see that continue to grow and I know the new council will feel similarly.

You REALLY dont have to, please! if my messages have come across too serious please ignore them.

Offline Coleman

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Where's the chocolate banana stand??
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »

You REALLY dont have to, please! if my messages have come across too serious please ignore them.

I did Jotham, I ignored them... Just sayin...  :-P

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 09:40:02 AM »
Also, tomorrow is the last day to get in your votes!  If you haven't already voted, you can do so by PMing me on the forum or sending an email to [email protected]

Sorry for sounding like a broken record guys :)

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 11:03:55 PM »

I did Jotham, I ignored them... Just sayin...  :-P

I just wish i could ignore you  ^-^

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 10:29:57 AM »
Today is the LAST DAY to get those votes in!