Author Topic: New 2013-2014 Yeti Council!  (Read 829 times)

karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
New 2013-2014 Yeti Council!
« on: April 14, 2013, 08:42:11 PM »
The new 2013-2014 YETI council winners were announced yesterday at the Nash 500!  The waiting is over now and here are the winners!

President - Fred DeCondappa
Treasurer- Wagner Soto
Secretary- Chandre Davids
and though he was elected last year he will remain until a new First Year Rep is elected,
First Year Representative - Michael Martin

Here are their acceptance blurbs!

Chandre

This all comes as such a surprise! Who knew I had such a fan base out there (member count: 1...me.).
But all speeches aside, I'd like to thank the council of 2012-13 for their hard work - you guys did a great job of making the year a flurry of good times.
My name is Chandré and I'm currently a first year JET out in Fujiyoshida (representing for the non-JR train line. Fujikyuko line banzai!!). Needless to say I'm glad to be a part of the council and keep the tradition of bringing the Nash community together going. I look forward to working with everyone and forcing you all to read the Yeti Spaghetti I write."

Wagner

Hello everyone,
Thank you for your support and for allowing me to serve you as the new treasurer of the YETI council. I look forward to working with the council to provide all of you with the opportunity to experience the best that Yamanashi has to offer.

Fred

Hi,
Firstly, thank you everyone who voted in the YETI elections this year.
I am kinda excited to be president. Yet at the same time, kind of worried about whether I can do a good job. Thank god we have Mike, Chandre and Wagner to keep me from screwing it up.
Thanks to the outgoing council for the stellar job they have done and I look forward to repaying your faith in me by working hard with the rest of the council.
Here's to a great year ahead of us,
Fred

I will be writing my final Spaghetti announcing the winners, some important AJET information, and as always, enjoyable events in the coming week.  After that, I am officially leaving my office in Chandre's capable hands.

Congratulations and good luck to the incoming council!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:23:47 PM by karta »

mike

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: New 2013-2014 Yeti Council!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »
Thanks for all of your hard work, and congratulations to the new council!  I look forward to working with each of you.

I'd look more forward to it if you brought pizza and cupcakes to the meetings, though.  Just saying.

buriko

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: New 2013-2014 Yeti Council!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »
Hey. Why did you not suggest this earlier.  :x