Author Topic: ALT SOCCER TOURNAMENT  (Read 1261 times)

Offline B-roni

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
ALT SOCCER TOURNAMENT
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:36:35 AM »
Hey all,

In case you haven't heard. There is going to be a ALT tournament up in Nagano 6/1 & 6/2. We always try and make a Yamanashi team but fall short and combine with our buddies in Nagano and Gifu to create HONSHU DOOM.

If you would like to play post here or get in touch with Chris Moore!! We would like a few more players and maybe we could even just have a Yamanashi DOOM team.

It's a great event and you definitely get your fill of soccer, plus a pub quiz and party saturday night. The summer tourney even has a bbq I believe but this will be my first time going to the summer event.

^-^
B

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
Re: ALT SOCCER TOURNAMENT
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:13:07 PM »
I may come along to this as a spectator.
The girls team is pretty strong and usually make it to the final each year.
You got more prices and details B?

Offline B-roni

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »
lol uhhhhhh I think it's around 15,000 for room, food(dinner, breakfast, & curry lunch) and fees for the pitches. Beds or futons in the rooms. Lots of people from all over Japan. Don't really know all the small stuff, just droppin a line to see if anyone was interested first... I'll ask Moore to chime in with that shiz :-* :-*
B

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »
I'd love to come to this! What are the chances of getting there and back in a day? Or to phrase it better, if i didnt want to stay the night and stay for the whole kit and caboodle. would that be possible, feasible, sensible? what are the timings for the matchs and what-not?
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!

Offline CupOfTea

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »
Here are the details for the touno, if anyone wants to come along, as a player or spectator please get in touch with me. Its a fab weekend and a chance to meet loads of folks from all over Japan. I need to know who is coming by May 17th at the latest
Tournament website https://sites.google.com/site/altsoccertournament/home
My email - [email protected]
FB group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/412126022151479/
NAGANO TOURNAMENT
Once again we have been given the complete run of the stunning grounds at Sania Park in the mountains of Nagano. And the first weekend of June really is a great time to be up there
WHEN?  June 1-2, 2013  (Saturday start approx 9.30am, Sunday finish 3.30pm at latest)
WHERE?  Sania Park, Sugadaira Kogen, Nagano Prefecture.
WHO?  A maximum of 20 mens (11-a-side) and 20 womens (6-a-side) teams
HOW MUCH?
Players staying Fri & Sat - 17,000 yen
Players staying Sat night - 12,000 yen
Supporters staying Fri & Sat - 15,000 yen
Supporters staying Sat night only - 10,000 yen

WHAT DO I GET FOR MY MONEY?
* Hotel accommodation at a hotel close to the grounds, including breakfast & dinner
* 500 yen's worth of raffle tickets for a charity raffle on Saturday *  - we will have some fine prizes and hope to raise over 100,000 yen from this for the relief effort in the Tohoku area
* Curry Lunch on Sunday afternoon (lunch not provided on Saturday)
* Beer & trophies for winning teams
* Shuttle buses from hotel grounds for those without transport
* Entrance to SMASHING Party on Saturday night!
* One of the best weekends of the year

* This charity raffle donation is completely optional and you are in no way obliged to pay it. Please deduct 500 per person if you do not wish to take part in the raffle.

@jotham, if you wish to come just for the day it can be done, its about 2.5 hours each way by car from Kofu. Doable, but quite a trek. Let me know if you want to come

Chris Moore
Nowhere is it written that you can't have another cup of tea

Offline B-roni

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
I'd love to come to this! What are the chances of getting there and back in a day? Or to phrase it better, if i didnt want to stay the night and stay for the whole kit and caboodle. would that be possible, feasible, sensible? what are the timings for the matchs and what-not?

Kind of a waste to go back and forth if you don't live in Nagano. Games usually start around 11 I think on Saturday, then earlier on Sunday I think the first game is at 9 or 10. About 2 hours each way.
B

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »

Kind of a waste to go back and forth if you don't live in Nagano. Games usually start around 11 I think on Saturday, then earlier on Sunday I think the first game is at 9 or 10. About 2 hours each way.

Thanks!
I still might though. I'll have to ask the misses  :|
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!