Author Topic: Open House & BBQ  (Read 666 times)

Bonbon

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Open House & BBQ
« on: May 24, 2013, 12:53:25 AM »
Sunday June 2, Open House 10 a.m., BBQ 1pm, Sale 10 a.m. till dark

Anyone free to hang out at for a while at our Open House on Sunday, June 2nd? Atley & I welcome you all to join us, even if you don't know us well, or at all, please don't hesitate to come! We have a grassy yard with trees and a big traditional tea room that opens into the garden; so come chow down from 1pm, rain or shine. We'll provide some sides and drinks, bring your own meat & beer.

Unless we can find a foreigner to sign the lease, this will be the last "English teacher" party in our much loved house. Please tell your Japanese friends too please, as I also am really trying hard to sell stuff a.s.a.p.

Atley and I have made a photo website of our stuff, it is listed in the For Sale/Wanted section of Yeti. If anyone wants to check-out our various appliances (a TV, a washer/drying machine, a large like new refrigerator, a like new bread maker, a like new rice cooker), furniture, shelving, or test drive the Toyota Prius or dirt-bike this would be a great time. We are considering all offers.

We still have some free things to give away to a good home (bottom of website, rather overlooked it seems) especially educational materials, adult textbooks, junior high/elementary game cards, filed copies of activities, flashcards, young kids activity worksheets, collections of lesson plans, props, megaphones, tambourines, santa suit etc.   

We are in Kofu, area is Iida, 5-9-3 about a 25 minute walk from Kofu station, or 10-15 minutes by bike.

We are 7 minutes drive west from Heiwa, and 1 minute drive east of Alps Dori. Location is very near Kenritsu University baseball ground, about 50 meters on the same road. Our driveway entrance is next to a long rusty tin roof covering a parking area.  If you come by car call us when you are near. I can come out to the road and guide you into the correct parking area. Our house has a blue roof but is not at all visible from the road.

There is some parking but coming by scooter or bike is always best. Kenritsu University may or may not have parking on Sunday afternoon, it is a 2 minute walk to our house. Holiday Club on Iida Dori is a 5-6 minute walk and has lots of parking (until 9pm) if necessary. If you choose to park there, I'd recommend you park closer to Iida Dori and be sure to avoid a fender bender with the members.

Google Map link is below. You can see that behind our parking lot, the map marker hovers over a building with 3 apartments. Our house is next door to these, it has a blue roof and backs up against a grassy lot. You can enter the apartment area through the rusty back gate and come around to our house and garden.

I'll invite my mixed crowd too, come meet some new people!

http://goo.gl/maps/e5H2i

Bonnie 080-5099-2918 softbank
Atley    080-5099-2919 softbank

Wanna study Japanese with Nobuko Sensei? Check out her weekly lessons. See details under the Yeti forum  "Learning Japanese".

Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
Re: Open House & BBQ
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »
Just a heads up that you might have a bit of bad luck with the timing for this-- it coincides directly with the YETI Undoukai (http://www.yetijapan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8908.0), so people might be busy at that and unable to come to your BBQ...

Bonbon

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Open House & BBQ
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 10:21:24 PM »
Ahh rats, I work on Saturdays, hence the Sunday...well...we're gone by about the 22nd...people can contact me until about then.
Wanna study Japanese with Nobuko Sensei? Check out her weekly lessons. See details under the Yeti forum  "Learning Japanese".