Author Topic: Help with a lesson plan?  (Read 484 times)

Russai

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Russai's devinatART
Help with a lesson plan?
« on: May 29, 2013, 01:21:54 PM »
Man, I'm actually stumped on this lesson plan.

The grammar point is "with + noun + verb/preposition".
I went for a walk with a bag on my back. The car was found with its wheel damaged.

Any ideas what I can for this? :/

Best I can think of is make a bunch of sentences like:
The car was found. It's wheel was damaged.
The car was found (      ) it's wheel (          ).

I'd have these escalating in difficulty/missing words until they're just stuff like:

Car / Found / wheel / damaged.  Make the sentence!

But this seems kind of boring. Any ideas on how to spruce it up? This is from PowWow English Course II p25.

Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a lesson plan?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:33:10 PM »

Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a lesson plan?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 01:38:34 PM »
for a more serious suggestion, you could have the sentence and then maybe three pictures that depict the scene with variations and they have to pick the correct one. for iinstance, in the damaged wheel one, have "The car was found with its wheel damaged". Have a picture where the wheel is damaged, one where it's not, and one where its wheels have been removed or something. For another, have the sentence be like "My brother is the boy with sandals on." Have a picture with a boy in sneakers, one in sandals, one barefoot. etc etc. You could also do it the opposite way around, if you don't want to draw a bunch of pictures... Show them the scene, and they have to pick the correct sentence. Or for extra challenge at the end, you provide the sentence, they have to draw it? idk