Author Topic: Information about ''Block 4''-- I need YOUR help!  (Read 1031 times)

kelloggs

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Information about ''Block 4''-- I need YOUR help!
« on: July 22, 2013, 04:06:14 PM »
Hello, lovely YETIs!

I'm preparing an information sheet for incoming JETs about ''Block 4'' (which includes Kawaguchikko, Fujiyoshida, Oshino, Yamanakako, Tsuru, Nishikatsura, Otsuki, Doshi and Uenohara), and I would love, love, love your input! As a JET who's rather new to the area, myself, I haven't discovered many of the hidden gems in the block, and I'd love to get some info from the seasoned locals.  :-D

Specifically, I'm interested in sightseeing spots, places to shop, restaurants and any other areas of interest that you think other people might want to know about (share the love, people!).

I live in Fujiyoshida and therefore don't need anything about Kawa, the Yosh or Yamanaka (unless it's a place that you really strongly recommend or suspect that only a few people know about).

I will give you full credit for any place that you suggest on the area information sheet. I think it would be great if we could continue to add to 'The List' and possibly put this information right here on YETI's website so that future folks will be able to bask in the beauty of our collective wisdom.  :-P Something to think about, anyway!
How do you feel about people who go ''Hadouken!''

Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
Re: Information about ''Block 4''-- I need YOUR help!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:22 PM »
I am the hidden gem of Tsuru!

That's it.

Seriously.

Nothing but mountains and supermarkets. Bundai dori (University street) is good for bars, quite a lot of good mountain walks and then the rest is just supermarkets
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!

Croninokehige

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • Offline Offline
  • The King in the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 01:38:06 AM »
I am the hidden gem of Tsuru!

That's it.

Seriously.

Nothing but mountains and supermarkets. Bundai dori (University street) is good for bars, quite a lot of good mountain walks and then the rest is just supermarkets

chicken cheese katsu says "the hell with you, i was here first"

Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 02:02:26 AM »
I invented chicken cheese katsu!!
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!

kelloggs

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 09:23:03 AM »
I have yet to try the katsu place, even though I've heard many rave reviews.

Would anyone happen to be able to give me the name of it and possibly a Google Maps link? There's also the Indian place-- any info on that? I personally go to Kawaguchikko whenever I want a quick Indian fix since it's closer for me than Tsuru.  :-)
How do you feel about people who go ''Hadouken!''

OxO

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:10 AM »
I read they'll be giving rides on the shinkansen in Tsuru next year. That's rather thrilling. Sort of. Ish.
毒食らわば皿まで

shneen

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »
I have yet to try the katsu place, even though I've heard many rave reviews.

Would anyone happen to be able to give me the name of it and possibly a Google Maps link? There's also the Indian place-- any info on that? I personally go to Kawaguchikko whenever I want a quick Indian fix since it's closer for me than Tsuru.  :-)

Chicken Cheese Katsu place is Kawafuji.... http://tabelog.com/yamanashi/A1905/A190501/19003196/   or http://kawafuji.fc2web.com/frame.html   
Located right next to the university.

The Indian place is Mahalaja... http://tabelog.com/yamanashi/A1905/A190501/19004788/   Also near-ish to the university.