Author Topic: Kofu Local Orientation Meetup and Drinks - August 20th  (Read 671 times)

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
Kofu Local Orientation Meetup and Drinks - August 20th
« on: August 14, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »
After talking to the PAs, we have decided to have the post Kofu local orientation meetup at the Vault from about 8pm on the night of August 20th.

If you live in Kofu, come out and meet some of the new JETs who live around the ken.

Offline Li_Li

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
Re: Kofu Local Orientation Meetup and Drinks - August 20th
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:25:04 AM »
:-D I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to the vault yesterday.
       I am usually really nervous around new people, but yesterday I had a lot of fun.

Thank you to Mark, who was the only face I recognized when I entered the room.  You are one of the nicest people I know!

Thank you to Fred.  I met you for the first time (face to face) but I felt like we have been friends for years.  Without your encouragement, I would have ended up reading my manga on the couch instead of talking to people.

Thank you to Steven (Stephen ?).  You were so easygoing and a pleasure to talk to.  You inspired me to join in other conversations.

Thank you to Carlos.  It was good to put a face to all the posts I see on this forum from you.  You made me feel comfortable in situations when I am normally a nervous wreck!

Thank you to Megan and Victoria (the two new SSH ALTs).  It was my goal to introduce myself to you.  Without a goal, I would have probably chickened out and never have come to the event. 

A special thank you to Megan.  You were such a ball of energy!  It is not easy for me to make friends (I have lots of acquaintances but not many close friends) I usually feel awkward and forced when I try to have conversations with people that I don't know, but I found talking with you easy. I hope that we will be really good friends!  I can't wait to go shopping with you (<-- and I don't even like to go shopping! LOL)

Good luck to all the new ALTs.  I hope you have a great time teaching and exploring Yamanashi!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:03:32 PM by Li_Li »
"Humour. It is a difficult concept" - Saavik
---
"Where are we going?" -- McCoy
"Where they went." -- Kirk
"What if they went nowhere?" -- McCoy
"Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all." -- Kirk

Offline Karurosu

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Creepin' in Kofu...
    • View Profile
Re: Kofu Local Orientation Meetup and Drinks - August 20th
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 02:55:24 PM »
Aaaaaah you're the mysterious Li_Li, it was great to meet you Lisa. I agree that everyone was super friendly, it was a good night. Don't be a stranger!