Author Topic: Looking for a fill in judge  (Read 816 times)

Offline Li_Li

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
Looking for a fill in judge
« on: December 10, 2013, 06:45:30 PM »
Hello all.
Anyone have Wednesday afternoons free? (ie no classes) and woulndnt mind judging a science English contest at Kofu Minami? We had two people lined up but one fell through. Transportation would be covered, snack and tea provided, and we would clear the trip with your school, so you wouldn't have to take nenkyuu (vacation)
It is going to be held on December 18 from 1:45 to 4:00

If you don't have classes and don't mind helping out, please let me know by Friday (13th) in the AM
mMy school will call your school and ask for permission for you, so you don't have to ask about anything.
"Humour. It is a difficult concept" - Saavik
---
"Where are we going?" -- McCoy
"Where they went." -- Kirk
"What if they went nowhere?" -- McCoy
"Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all." -- Kirk

Offline B-roni

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a fill in judge
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:23:23 AM »
Hi Li li!!

Thanks for the post, I would love to do this but I have some parent/teacher/student interviews I don't think I can get out of that afternoon. I know the Shodo teacher there as well as a few students(one I used to play ice hockey with!) Never knew the ALT working there though :mrgreen: Good luck with the judge spot I will ask around....any kinda of pay for the gig?
B

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 09:34:44 AM »
Ahh I was starting to consider this since I don't have classes in the afternoons on Wednesdays, but I remembered we have the Christmas party for English club on the 18th.  :cry:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of things would a science English contest have? Is it a science fair but done in English?

Offline Li_Li

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »
B-roni - Yeah... I don't get out much.... last week worked everyday until 9PM.... (It was test week and students were correcting their
             PowerPoints) Not to mention I am currently taking grad classes... I am pretty sure my brain has died and I am being kept alive by a
             disease that has taken over my brain.

The only pay is transportation costs (which are usually a little over what it actually takes to get here and back) and tea and a yummy
             dessert from the bakery near my school.

aMandarinAlmond - Yes basically my students learned about experiments, conducted their own experiments (in English) and have made 
                                 PowerPoints that they will be presenting.

Thanks for the consideration! I know that it is late notice, but thought I would post to see if anyone was available.
"Humour. It is a difficult concept" - Saavik
---
"Where are we going?" -- McCoy
"Where they went." -- Kirk
"What if they went nowhere?" -- McCoy
"Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all." -- Kirk