Author Topic: Spring YETI Council Elections  (Read 1161 times)

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
Spring YETI Council Elections
« on: March 15, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
With April rolling around, it's time to elect the new YETI Council. If you enjoyed any of the many YETI events held or advertised throughout the year, it's important to elect a council to organize the yearly events and continue building a strong Yamanashi community.  There are three positions available for voting: President, Secretary, and Treasurer. They are one-year terms.

General YETI Council duties (applicable to all positions)
•   Communicate effectively with the community at large.
•   Organise/plan YETI events in a timely manner.
•   Help to build a good community.

Duties specific to each position:
President (Fred's job)
•   Assign duties as needed.
•   Ensure good communication within the council and with groups outside of the community (along with the Secretary).
•   Deal with issues that arise, with the rest of the council, although you are ultimately responsible as the face of YETI.
•   Work with the Treasurer to ensure that the finances for each event and the year as a whole are solid.

Secretary (Amanda's job)
•   Update and regularly distribute the YETI Spaghetti newsletter about YETI events and important information.
•   Correspond with AJET, the Block Representative, and other contacts to keep information flowing.
•   Record meeting minutes and share them with the council in a timely manner.

Treasurer (Wagner's job)
•   Manage the YETI account and finances.
•   Work with the council to determine the amount members and non-members will have to pay for each event.
•   Collect money at the events and pay for all of the expenses using the YETI funds.

The council splits many different responsibilities fairly evenly, but it will be up to you as a new council to figure out who does what.

**Nomination and subsequent voting is open to ALL foreign ALTs, Eikaiwa teachers, and CIRs currently living and working in Yamanashi.**
Nominating will be open until April 1st! After that, each candidate has to write and submit a short blurb by April 3rd about their qualifications and goals. Voting will begin on April 4th until April 11th at noon.  The results will be announced at the Nash 500 event which will be held on April 13th. 

Timeline:
Now until Tuesday, April 1st
-- Nominations and acceptances
By Thursday, April 3rd -- Nominees send blurbs to Amanda about the position you are running for and your qualifications
Friday, April 4th to Friday, April 11th 12PM -- Eligible voters, vote for candidates
Sunday, April 13th -- Announcement of election results at Nash 500

How to nominate or accept a nomination:
By Tuesday, April 1st, post in this forum topic, send a PM on the forum to aMandarinAlmond or an email to [email protected] with something like [Nomination] in the subject.

How to vote:
Starting Friday, April 4th, vote in the poll, and please make sure you let me know who you are. This is important in order to count your vote. Thank you for your understanding! The deadline is Friday, April 11th at 12PM.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:53:57 PM by aMandarinAlmond »

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Spring YETI Council Elections
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 05:21:28 PM »
We received a few nominations last night. If you were nominated for a position, please let us know whether you'd like to accept the nomination.

Ben Lenoir for President
Mike Martin for President
Amanda Ramond for President
Ben Lenoir for Secretary
Kelley Lynch for Secretary
Christopher Crooks for Treasurer
Katherine Vos for Treasurer

As mentioned, you may accept via a reply to this forum thread, a forum PM to aMandarinAlmond, or by email to [email protected]

Offline KelleyL

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 05:44:58 PM »
I accept.   :-)

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »
Vote Vote!! Today is the start of elections! Deadline for voting is until April 11th at 12PM. We'll be announcing the new council (all of it, that is) after the Nash 500 event.
An update on the candidates:
For President Michael Martin
For Secretary Ben Lenoir and Kelley Lynch
For Treasurer Katherine Vos

Michael Martin and Katherine Vos win their positions as President and Treasurer, respectively, by default. So essentially this election is for Secretary. Here are the blurbs for the candidates:

Ben Lenoir
My goal as secretary would be to continue the awesomeness that is YETI. Being in my first year, YETI has really helped me develop a great support network within the prefecture and for that I am very thankful. I'd like to further develop that support system by reaching out to people that live in more rural places through features in the Spaghetti as well as event planning. I also want to help develop more resources for basic needs like clean center locations, buying a car, setting up internet, etc.

I'm very detail oriented and my organizational borderline compulsive and I want to utilize these skills to further connect and strengthen our prefecture.

Kelley Lynch
I’m Kelley, a first-year ALT in Hokuto. I would like to serve you as YETI secretary by helping the council plan events to promote cohesion within the YETI community. As a member of Alpha Phi Omega in college, I assisted in planning many social and community service events. I also served as secretary of the Centre College Democrat so, I have experience performing the duties I would be expected to perform as secretary. I love researching things to do in and around Yamanashi so I would really enjoy preparing the bi-weekly newsletter, The YETI Spaghetti. Please consider voting for me for YETI secretary. Thank you.

When you submit your vote, please include your name and the main school or establishment in Yamanashi at which you work. As a reminder, voting is open to ALL foreign ALTs, Eikaiwa teachers, and CIRs currently living and working in Yamanashi. Please vote if you qualify. If you have questions about whether you are eligible to vote, please email [email protected]

Please vote here: https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/EDCN80.
If you have issues, please email [email protected]

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »
Alright everyone, there's a little over 24 hours left to vote. If you are eligible to vote, please do so now! Again, please make clear who you are since I may not know you by first name only.

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
As revealed after Nash 500 last weekend, the incoming YETI Council members are Michael Martin as President, Katherine Vos as Treasurer, and Ben Lenoir as Secretary.
Congratulations to the new council!

And thank you everyone for voting. I hope you're all looking forward to what they will plan for us this year.