Author Topic: YETI Spaghetti - June 9th, 2014 Edition  (Read 508 times)

外ジラ

• Turtle Face
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
YETI Spaghetti - June 9th, 2014 Edition
« on: June 09, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »

YETI Spaghetti
                                                                      June 9, 2014

Hello everyone! This is Kelley Lynch, the new editor of the YETI Spaghetti. I’ll be bringing you information about YETI events, AJET news, and events in and around Yamanashi once a month. For those of you who don’t know me. I’m a first-year JET in Hokuto. I enjoy playing Taiko, going to the Onsen, and drinking Yamanashi wine. Over the past 10 months my favorite events have been the Paul Rusch Festival and the Katsunuma Wine Festival. I will try my best to include all the great things going on in Yamanashi in the Spaghetti, but if you have any recommendations for things you’d like to see here, please don’t hesitate to let me know!

YETI and AJET News

A message from the new AJET Block 4 Representative:

Hey Yamanashi! My name is Patrick and I'm this year's new AJET Block 4 Representative. Block 4 is Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Yamanashi and Shizuoka in case you are wondering. First, I want to thank Sarah Stout (resident of Yamanashi) who did a wonderful job this past year as Block 4 Rep. This year, I want to make more events and bring the prefectures even more together. That can't be done without your cooperation! I've already met some of you at events and live in Fujinomiya, bordering Yamanashi on the Shizuoka-ken side. The AJET Block 4 group is for JETs, but that doesn't mean non-JETs are not welcomed to our events. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have questions about AJET, the JET Programme or if you have ideas and would need help planning something, it'll be my pleasure. JETs, feel free to come and join the AJET Block 4 group on facebook. If you have questions or anything, drop me an email at Patrick.Loyer@ajet.net

YETI Events

Sayonara Party!
YETI Members     
     Returning
         Entrance: 1000
         Entrance & Lodging: 4500
     Leaving Japan
         Entrance: 0
         Entrance & Lodging: 0

Non-YETI Members     
     Returning
         Entrance: 1500
         Entrance & Lodging: 5000
     Leaving Japan
         Entrance: 0
         Entrance & Lodging: 3500

Where:
  Yamanashi-ken Koshu-shi Enzanoyashiki 2319-1 (山梨県甲州市塩山小屋敷2319-1)
When: June 28-29    RSVP  by June 23
More info: With another year almost at a close, it is time to bid farewell! Come join us at Namesawa Party Forest (AKA Namesawa Campground) for a party in honor of those departing. We will have the whole campground reserved so please bring your outside voice, food, and booze for a night filled with music and shenanigans. We will have two covered areas for barbecuing and cabins that will accommodate approximately 40 people. You also can bring a tent!
Theme: To be decided! Please cast a vote on Facebook.

Things to Do in and Around Yamanashi

Nichiren’s Arrival at Mt. Minobu Commemorative Festival
Where: Minobu Kuon-ji Temple
When: June 14-16
More info: On June 14th from 18:00 to 21:00 there will be shamisen and taiko performances and fireworks. There will also be stands for purchasing food, cotton candy, and alcohol. http://www.minobu.info/data.html?mode=1399339054&code=1  (Japanese)

Mt. Fuji Climbing Season Opening Festival
Where:  Fujiyoshida, 金鳥居市民公園
When: June 30 (Monday) - July 1 (Tuesday)
More info: This annual festival marks the opening of the Mt. Fuji climbing season. There will be a parade and performances. http://www.fujiyoshida.net/forms/info/info.aspx?info_id=2076 (Japanese)

Things to Do Around Tokyo

Firefly Night in Hachioji
Cost: 200 yen / Free from 18:00-21:00
Where:  Yuyake Koyake Fureai no Sato, 2030 Kamiongatamachi, Hachioji-shi, 192-0156
When: 6/7-22 18:00-21:00
More info: The fireflies that rest in the shades of grass by day fly about at night, glowing and creating a romantic spectacle. The vision is symbolic of the season changing from spring to the onset of summer. http://www.gotokyo.org/en/kanko/hachioji/event/hotaru.html

Sanno Matsuri
Where:  Hie Shrine, Chiyoda, Tokyo
When: June 7-17
More info:  The Sanno Matsuri marks the start of Tokyo's summer festival season. Various events will be taking place over the 11 days so check the schedule for more information. http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/event/11003/Sanno-Matsuri
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:13:30 PM by 外ジラ »