Author Topic: Check out the Wiki page!  (Read 634 times)

外ジラ

• Turtle Face
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Check out the Wiki page!
« on: July 16, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »
Hello Everyone!

You should head on over and check out the changes to the Wiki we are making. Little by little we are gathering all the helpful tidbits of information around here and putting them in an easily accessible place for everyone to use. If you feel that you have any valuable information to contribute, by all means please let one of the council members know. We can get you signed up so you can edit! (Sorry there isn't going to be any open enrollment because of issues we've had with spambots in the past).

Suggestions are also more than welcome!

http://www.yetijapan.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Offline Offline
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
Re: Check out the Wiki page!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:05:36 PM »
This looks great! Obviously a work in progress, but a lot of potential. It will also make the forum obsolete as anyone with a question will probably use Facebook and any of the big information like driving test etc will be on the Wiki. So goodbye forum??  :|
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!

LozZz

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »
Not at all. It just means that commonly asked information is a little more easily found. All the info will be in a wiki post instead of having to read through a possibly long thread.

The lack of open editing/enrollment is a bit of a pain in the ass though.  It'd be nice if we could just log in with our forum logins, but I guess there's no way to implement that?

Is it possible for users to add to or modify the map? I just noticed Ito Yokado is labeled as "Giganto 7-11", which isn't a very accurate description for a department store (even if it is owned by 7-11)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:43:59 AM by LozZz »

fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »
I don't know if the forum would become obsolete or not. It has been hard to bring people off facebook for years now and every forum is suffering in the same way. However, the forum does serve a purpose and there is a shit ton of info on here for sure.

I looked into forum logins a while back and it's pretty difficult to implent. Each piece of software has it's own secure database and login module. Making the two work is not really possible.