Author Topic: Looking to start an exchange with an elementary school in Japan.  (Read 363 times)

Offline taralea

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
Hello English teachers,

I lived in Nanbu teaching at the elementary schools for 3 years from 2010-2013. I'm back in Australia teaching Japanese in primary school and I'm hoping to start some kind of exchange between an Australian school and a Japanese school.

I teach grade 4-5 Mondays and Tuesdays. Australia is one hour behind Japan and one of my main goals is to try and set up Skype sessions, particularly for grade 6. I have a few ideas of how this could work: one class demos the targets for the other class, target conversation in one language then in the other, Australian students only speak Japanese and Japanese students only speak English. As a whole class we could have question time where we translate questions and the students answer in their native language and then we translate their answers. This could happen once a month or more frequently.

Hopefully there is a teacher out there who would like to collaborate.

Tara
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:41:03 PM by taralea »

Offline Katherine

• Noobie
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to start an exchange with an elementary school in Japan.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 05:51:59 PM »
Hey! Sorry for the late reply. This sounds like a neat idea! Have you posted this in the Facebook group? You might get a bigger response!