Author Topic: Japanese tutor needed in Otsuki  (Read 2418 times)

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
Japanese tutor needed in Otsuki
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:04:27 AM »
Anyone know of a tutor in the Otsuki area for a beginner?

Offline K-Bear

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese tutor needed in Otsuki
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »
I know its NOT in the Otsuki area, but if they are willing to drive out to Kawaguchiko, there are free lessons here once a week. The current beginner class is on chapter 7 in Minna no Nihongo.

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:21:51 AM »
What are the times and days for it?

Offline K-Bear

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:25:47 AM »
The beginner level is on Thursdays from 7:30-9:00Pm, and again we use the Minna No Nihongo books (can be bought on Amazon).

If the person is interested and wants more info then I can PM you/them the teachers (Sugimoto-Sensei) phone number (she speaks English of course, so no worries).

Offline devilwoman

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »
When we were there last week, Sugimoto sensei told me that she will be starting a whole new beginners class soon, for people with no Japanese at all. There are some new foreigners in Fujiyoshida, so there will be a new group. I don't know when exactly it will be starting, but if you contact her she might have more info. If this person is a real beginner, Minna no Nihongo ch.7 is probably a bit too advanced.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:18:22 PM by devilwoman »

Offline shneen

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »
Fred, maybe get in touch with Sarah or Kevin in Otsuki...  they might know of someone....

Offline lena

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
Thanks for the information, I dont have a car so I have to take the train and Im not sure how much it would
be to get there via the Fujikyu line and Im thinking by the time I get off work and get on the train it could be after 730
If the class is on a weekend that would be perfect ..but I really would like something more than once a week
Im worried my japanese will get swolled by the fail whale
 :|
If anyone you know can do a language exchange that woudl be good too

I actually do have that book minna no nihongo though I havent actually used it :-o

Thanks for the help and the info I really appreciate it  :-)

Offline devilwoman

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 04:28:49 PM »
Thanks for the information, I dont have a car so I have to take the train and Im not sure how much it would
be to get there via the Fujikyu line and Im thinking by the time I get off work and get on the train it could be after 730
If the class is on a weekend that would be perfect ..but I really would like something more than once a week

I actually do have that book minna no nihongo though I havent actually used it :-o

Yeah, I think it would be quite expensive, and also the class is quite far from the station so it would be a massive pain to get there - so not really worth it. I hope you find something!

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »

I get tons and tons of requests for English lessons.  Certainly you will be approached by someone soon and just suggest you have a language exchange with them.  Though I know its better to have a dedicated Japanese teacher, it could work as a supplement to that once you find a teacher.

Offline buriko

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 09:08:19 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna say something like that... I found my Japanese tutor by asking around at my schools and seeing if my teachers knew anyone. I exchange Japanese lessons for English lessons too haha.

Offline Jacklostinred

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 01:06:50 PM »
I hate to bump an old thread but does this lady still teach Japanese lessons in kawaguchiko? It might be worth the drive from Tsuru to take a weekly lesson and give me some more motivation.