Author Topic: 2015-2016 YETI Council Elections  (Read 758 times)

mike

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
2015-2016 YETI Council Elections
« on: April 16, 2015, 12:17:21 PM »
Can you believe it's already been a year since we elected the YETI Council? Time flies, and it's time to start thinking about bringing in some fresh faces for a new council! Three positions will be going up for vote: President, Secretary, and Treasurer. These positions have one-year terms.

All members of the YETI Council are responsible for:
  • Planning events
  • Communicating with the community
  • Sharing information about events and opportunities

Position-Specific Duties:

President
  • Manage council members' duties.
  • Ensures good communication within the council and with outside groups.
  • Handles any urgent issues that may arise.
  • Acts as the official face of YETI.
  • Supervises other council members.

Secretary
  • Ultimately responsible for the YETI Spaghetti Newsletter, distribution of event information, and the platforms used for communication.
  • Corresponds with AJET, the Block Representative, and other contacts.
  • Records meeting minutes and distributes them to the council.

Treasurer
  • Manages the YETI account and finances.
  • Reports financial information and advice to the council.
  • Creates budgets and proposes event fees.
  • Collects money and pays expenses.

These responsibilities are guidelines based on how former councils have functioned, but in the end each council is free to structure themselves and assign responsibilities however they see fit.

**Nomination and subsequent voting is open to ALL foreign ALTs, Eikaiwa teachers, and CIRs currently living and working in Yamanashi.**
If you are unsure if you qualify for running or voting, please feel free to contact any council member.

Election Procedure:

• Nominations are open immediately.
  • Nominations will tentatively close on April 24th at midnight (JST).
  • Candidates that accept their nominations should send a short blurb to a council member via PM by April 30th.
  • Voting will begin on Friday, May 1st and run until May 8th.
  • Results will be announced at The Nash 500 on May 10th

How to make a nomination:
Post in this forum topic or send a PM on the forum to a council member. You may nominate yourself.

How to vote:
Send a message to me (Mike) on the forum or e-mail spaghetti.yamamama@gmail.com with your name and your votes for each position. Please only vote one person for each position.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:41:34 PM by mike »

mike

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: 2015-2016 YETI Council Elections
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 07:06:09 PM »
The nomination period will be extended until Sunday at midnight. You may message me with your nominations.

mike

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: 2015-2016 YETI Council Elections
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 08:42:24 PM »
There has been one nomination each for President and Treasurer, and two nominations for Secretary. Therefore we will be running elections only for Secretary. Here are the candidate blurbs:

Geneva Ged

Hello, everyone! It may be a bit unorthodox for the First Year Representative to apply for a position on the Council, but after serving on the council for the past 6 months, I want to be a part of YETI`s future even past August when my time as First Year Rep. would end. After the results of the survey I created in early April, I have some exciting ideas for new events involving the local community and Japanese culture as well as more professional development and social events. If elected, I will focus on our social media presence and strive to have YETI events announced on time or early and focus on regularly releasing the YETI Spaghetti. I also hope to work on more inter-prefectural events. Thank you for your time, and don't forget to vote (even if it's not for me)!

Loren Hellem

I've been nominated to be your YETI Council secretary next year, and it sounds like a blast. I like seeing you guys at events, and it'll be great getting involved in planning them as well. If none of what I just said interests you at all, vote for me because there are no other dashing bald men on the council, and that is in desperate need of correction. Thanks a bunch!

Please send me (Mike) a message on the forum or an email to spaghetti.yamamama@gmail.com with your name and your vote.