Author Topic: 3.5 D&D Campaign (DM- JD)  (Read 25037 times)

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
3.5 D&D Campaign (DM- JD)
« on: July 17, 2007, 01:45:07 PM »
OK so here's the official thread for the campaign I'm gonna run starting mid August.  The weekly meeting time is tentative, as I'm waiting for the set of new JETs to arrive.  We'll work out the best day to play when we're all here.  Please let me know here if you are interested on this thread.  The campaing info is as follows-  (will make updates as necessary)

Standard Medievalish World, largely unexplored by the populus
Standard D&D Pantheon & Planar System
Normal Races + 8 others allowed as PCs (race details can be found online, or ask me)
-Killorean
-Raptoran
-Catfolk
-Mongrelfolk
-Goliath
-Illumian
-Aasimar
-Sharakim
Starting Level is lv. 2
Most Supplement Books are allowed, although subject to approval by DM.

Richard-  playing as a Goliath Barbarian
Renee- playing as a Spellscale Sorcerer
Tyler- playing as a Human Swashbuckler
Paul- playing as a Human Cleric
Jessiqa- playing as a Human Rogue
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:22:03 PM by Akakemushi »

Offline Dragon King

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
Re: 3.5 D&D Campaign (DM- JD)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »
Hey, put my former books to good use! 

Once you get your game going, maybe we can get our own Yamanashi Gaming Convention going!  It'll be geek-a-licious! :mrgreen:
The owlbear accepts only the sweet apology of vengeance.

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Tuesday's coming - did you bring your coat?
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »
Sweet!  I have this half-elf rogue, who's kind of a favourite of mine.  I started her on the BESM system, but I think I've got a copy of her D&D character sheet somewhere.  I know it's lame to use a former character, but I don't get to play very often (it's been at least two years since my last game), and this kid's got spunk.  8-)
"Embiggen" is a perfectly cromulent word.

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 04:24:10 PM »
Sweeet,   The party could use a rogue, and even though you've used your character before, she'll be new to us cuz we've never seen her, so it won't be lame.   One thing though, I'll probably have you reroll your stats to square yourself up with everyone else, since I don't know what your previous DM had you roll to create stats.  Can't very well have a character with too weak or too strong stats, it would be kinda unbalancing  :wink:  I'm lookin forward to seein your spunkified character!  :mrgreen:

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:53:18 AM »
  I'm lookin forward to seein your spunkified character!  :mrgreen:

And I'm looking forward to playing her!  So this gathering will be in Kofu?  I hope I'll be able to make it as frequently as I'd like.

16 days until Tokyo and counting... I'm beginning to feel the deadly vice-grip over my heart.  The anticipation kills.

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 08:44:49 AM »
Weeeeeeelllllll, I was planning on having the games at my apartment in Kiyosato, which is the north part of Hokuto City.  I don't think anyone's house is in Kofu that we could play at.  The closest we can get to Kofu is Renee or Richards house I think, but I dunno if they're up for hosting that many people that often.  I live out in the country so I don't have to worry about noise...might be a different story for others.  I'll leave that to the others to decide.  That's kinda why I said it may be far for you--  Actually, I don't know where Paul lives, I get the impression that it's somewhere around Ryuo.  If I play at someone elses place, that place has to have a TV with a headphone jack on it somewhere so I can at least use my new speakers..... I really hope it doesn't end up being too far for you!   Gomen ne!

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »
Weeeeeeelllllll, I was planning on having the games at my apartment in Kiyosato, which is the north part of Hokuto City.  I don't think anyone's house is in Kofu that we could play at.  The closest we can get to Kofu is Renee or Richards house I think, but I dunno if they're up for hosting that many people that often.  I live out in the country so I don't have to worry about noise...might be a different story for others.  I'll leave that to the others to decide.  That's kinda why I said it may be far for you--  Actually, I don't know where Paul lives, I get the impression that it's somewhere around Ryuo.  If I play at someone elses place, that place has to have a TV with a headphone jack on it somewhere so I can at least use my new speakers..... I really hope it doesn't end up being too far for you!   Gomen ne!

Ouch... looks like it'll be over two and a half hours each way, and a one-way ticket would cost Y4,590.  That sucks.  I really wanted to join the campaign.  :cry: 

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 02:25:14 PM »
yeeaaa...I was afraid of that, is your BOE not going to give you a car?  Not that I would expect you to drive for 2 hours every single week just to play, but it would be nice if you could play maybe once a month or so, which isn't too unreasonable, I've never been known to count someone out due to time/distance contraints.  I may be able to work your character into the storyline as a PC NPC...hehe.  Someone who is a playing character, but isn't a main party member.  Someone who can come and go from the storyline when needed.  i.e. maybe I can give your character some sort of teleportation power that allows you to freely pop in and out of the story when you can play.  I hate to just count you out all together.  Lemme know if that interests you.  I'd like to help ya if I can. :wink:

Also, if you're taking trains, you only have to go as far as Nagasaka station.  I will pick you up from there.  Kiyosato station is another 4 stops after that, plus you have to change trains from the Chuo line to the Koumi line, and of course that means you have to wait at the station.  the Koumi line is a pain in the arse, so I try not to use it, and I don't expect anyone else to either.  The other option is playing at someones house other than mine, but the closest to Kofu is Paul, who lives in Ryuo.  Ryuo is one stop from Kofu.  I've never actually been to his house though.  I'm not counting that as an option until I get OKs from the apartment owners.  What do you think Paul?   Looks like you live in a very central location in relation to the rest of us.  I don't know your living conditions, so I can't say whether that's a good idea or a bad one.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:37:20 PM by Akakemushi »

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 07:12:18 PM »
I think Richard's place is too small for us, but you're more than welcome to come to my place. It's big enough and I don't think my neighbors mind if I have company over. I'm not sure if my TV has a headphone jack though. JD, could you hook your speakers to one of my laptops or my stero?

Jessiqa, I live in Nirasaki, three stops from Kofu towards Kiyosato. If we go to Kiyosato, Richard will probably pick me up in Nirasaki. If you come to Nirasaki I sure he can give you a ride with us.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:51:33 PM by Evil Twin »
Candy from space built by robots . . . believe!

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 01:33:01 AM »
hehe, I should really apologize for making such a big deal out of the speaker issue....they aren't a neccessity. it's just that I recently bought them for the purposes of the campaign, and they're really cool, and I was hoping to make good use of them, etc..  but when it comes down to it they're a luxury that isn't required to play D&D, just an enhancement.  If the sound is comming from ordinary TV speakers, it's no big deal really, and they weren't that expensive, maybe like 5000 yen, so it's not like I wasted money or anything.  Having an extra player is more important than the speakers if it comes to that.

On a different note, battle grids, dice, and possibly a few figurines will be purchased in Tokyo tomorrow.....I can feel the excitement in my veins already....mwaaaahaha

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 05:52:19 AM »
You already behind the times JD. Monster Manual V came out this month.  :-P Is there anything I can pick up for you while I'm in America?

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 01:08:16 PM »
Yea, the MM V  hahaha, ooh and God of War 2!  I've really been wanting to play that.

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »
Okay! I'll put them both down on my list.

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 06:53:28 AM »
Just a note, I will be out of town from today (Sunday) until the 11th or 12th of August.  May not have internet access.  In the meantime, try developing a bit of background for your character or your characters likes/dislikes/hopes/dreams/fears etc..... you know what I mean. :wink:
See ya!

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »
Hey there, Evil Twin (sorry, I don't have everyone's names sorted out quite yet).  Thanks for offering your place in Nirasaki as a midpoint.  It's significantly cheaper (1,400 yen each way as opposed to 4590), but seeing as it's still nearly two hours each way, I doubt I'll be able to make it every week. I still wanna play though!

Richard (whichever one of you is Richard), I hope you won't mind an extra passenger in your car once a month or so.  おねがいします

Akakemushi, I'm really digging your NPC/PC idea.  I could also tweak my character and make her an spontaneously self-summoning imp or something, though I warn you, she'd be nothing but trouble, antics and comic relief.  I hope we can work something out.  Hope you're having a fun vacation!

Offline (Los) Pantalones de Fuego

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • The Los isn't needed, but we have it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 08:04:09 PM »
This suggestion isn't really as fun, but when one of our DnD group was overseas but had net access we would just set him up on the pc with voice chat and we did 'honor rolling' for his rolls trusting whatever he said was his roll.  If its a hassle to make it out or spend the money every week and the group would be cool with it you could try this option every once in a while, but it is more fun to have everyone in the same place for the whole Campaign.
Summer Hat!

Shit son I will copy your jutsu like a fucking xerox.

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 02:59:10 PM »
Good news!  I have internet access here!  Yea we could maybe use skype or something to get your character in, or if you like the spontaneous appearance idea, i have  suggestion for you that Ill PM you secretly.  I have class in a bit though so this message is short.

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 12:53:09 AM »
My laptop has a built-in webcam, too.  We could definitely work something out either way.  I think I'd like to go with the spontaneous appearance thing, but in case my character has to stay in the party longer than one session at a time, the video chat/Skype would be good to fall back on.

Thanks for being so helpful, everyone!

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 09:58:50 AM »
Evil Twin = Renee

Are you going in Group B? If so I'll see you in Tokyo! :-D

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 11:48:47 AM »
I'll be in Tokyo Sunday the 12th.  I'm riding the night bus back from Fukuoka.

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 04:01:32 AM »
Renee, I am indeed in group B.  11 days, I can't wait! ^_^

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 04:47:39 PM »
Awesome, Jessiqa.  :-D I'm a TOA at Group B Tokyo Orientation. We can skip the AJET stuff Monday afternoon and I'll take you to Akihabara.  :-D

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 04:49:43 PM »
I'll be in Tokyo Sunday the 12th.  I'm riding the night bus back from Fukuoka.

Ah you're a week late. :-(  I'll see you at the Motosuko party or a comiket.  :-)

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 12:13:14 AM »
OK!!!  Role Call!!!!    I need to know when everyone is free each week so we can figure out a good time to play.  Let's get the ball rollin!  Paul, how's your character comming along?  Is he finished?

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 08:43:13 PM »
Ok I've gotten a few responses, and if there are no objections, how about we set the first game on this Friday after SETY is finished.  We can all just take the trains back to Nagasaka and I'll drive everyone from there to Kiyosato.  Paul, you aren't JET right?  So if you give me your number I'll call you when SETY is over.  Come to think of it, Richard isn't JET either, I'll have to call him too. 

okay, all in favor say "aye"

Offline Guest

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 11:17:07 PM »
aye
"Too much sanity can be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be."
--Miguel de Cervantes, Man of La Mancha

I feel patriotic in my pants.

This is Tyler, btw.

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 01:11:38 AM »
Uhhhng, there's a matsuri in Kofu on Friday that I'm really itching to go to... oh wait, that's just the mosquitoes.  But I still want to go to the festival and fail at catching goldfish...

Isn't the hike from Kiyosato happening this weekend?  Geeze, overload galore.

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 01:53:16 AM »
seeing how much money I blew in Fukuoka on vacation, the hiking is starting to sound like a very nice cheap alternative to going to Comiket.  I may be joining in on that as well.  Q, should you decide to hang with us on Friday, we'll have a spot for ya. :mrgreen:  If not, don't worry about it, enjoy the festival~

Offline Guest

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 10:11:45 AM »
there is a "social" after SETY friday so could we make the thing after that?
"Too much sanity can be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be."
--Miguel de Cervantes, Man of La Mancha

I feel patriotic in my pants.

This is Tyler, btw.

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 10:12:29 AM »
Don't forget we have the Vault social at 6pm on Friday. As a team leader I might be expected to attend, but if not I'll come.  :-)