Author Topic: 3.5 D&D Campaign (DM- JD)  (Read 24887 times)

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • Tuesday's coming - did you bring your coat?
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
Re: 3.5 D&D Campaign (DM- JD)
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 10:34:57 AM »
seeing how much money I blew in Fukuoka on vacation, the hiking is starting to sound like a very nice cheap alternative to going to Comiket.  I may be joining in on that as well.  Q, should you decide to hang with us on Friday, we'll have a spot for ya. :mrgreen:  If not, don't worry about it, enjoy the festival~

Greedy lil' me - I just want a bit of everything!

Another one of my worries is that if I go all the way to Kiyosato, there's no way in hell I'll be able to make it back to Tsuru the same night.  If I could maybe crash somewhere, that'd be double cool for me, because it means I'd be able to go hiking as well!  If nobody's willing to put me up, no offense taken - I probably wouldn't want me staying over as a guest either.

So shoot me a PM if you wouldn't mind my company for one night.  I don't snore, and I attract all the mosquitoes so they won't bother you.
"Embiggen" is a perfectly cromulent word.

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 06:30:05 PM »
blah....leave it to a social to ruin a group of anti-social D&D players fun.  :-X :lol:  j/k Actually I just learned of the social after reading the information pamphlet about SETY.  Had I known about it, I might not have recommended friday as our first game.  In the interest of having the first game go smoothly, if there are those who would rather attend the event at the Vault on friday please say so now.  In fact I sort of want to go myself, since I haven't met all the new JETs yet.  If we call off Friday's session, then the next time might be Sunday night.  Saturday is no good because Renee will be in Tokyo at Comiket.  We still have SETY on Monday morning, which means if anyone will have trouble making it home on Sunday night (namely Jessiqa), just bring some buisiness clothes with you and carpool with us on Monday morning to Kofu.

Alright, sorry for the confusion, but I have to ask people's intentions/availability one more time.  Please tell me if you plan to go to the Vault on Friday or if you want to play on Friday.  Also, if your decision depends on what the others are doing, say that as well , (i.e.  I'd like to go to the Vault on Friday, but if everyone else is playing on Friday then I'll play too....etc.) You get the idea.  I need a clear idea of who's doing what this weekend.  I'll run the game on Friday only if all 4 players want to play.  Otherwise I'll say Sunday.  Sorry again for the confusion!

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 06:29:16 PM »
Good game Sunday everyone!  I hope you enjoyed it.  Richard, Renee and I were discussing the date for the next session, and came up with either this or next Sunday.  We figured Sunday from noon would be good because;
a). It gives everyone Friday and Saturday night to go out on the town if they have plans to do so with other friends.
b). Usually noone works on Sunday
c). If we start at 12 we can still have 6 or 7 hours to play.
d). Noon is early enough that even if someone is an hour or two late, we will still have time to play, but late enough that you can sleep in a decent amount.
e). All of the above

All in favor say 'aye'

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 11:02:09 PM »
I definitely can't make it this week.  Sunday = Fujiyoshida Fire Festival, baby!

Sadly, the only way I'd be able to make it to the sessions is if I either got a personal chauffeur (I was lucky last weekend) or got a car, and neither looks likely.  If there was a way we could meet in a more central location from time to time, I might be up for that.  Otherwise, Skype it is for me.

Damn, I'm itching to play some more...

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »
just a reminder to those still deciding on what to buy with the treasure you just found, you still havent looted the bodies of all those gang members you killed (hint hint) so that nice magic item you've been eyeing but are just a few hundred short of affording may be within your reach after all.    On a personal note, I want to buy a zorro hat now.  8-)

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 11:45:08 AM »
Hmmm... so are we definitely deciding on Sundays then?  What time?  Maybe we could arrange the Skype thing?  Q wants to plaaay!

Offline Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • I'm Long Bearded Josh, & This is my personal text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.elimeyer.com/josh
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 01:53:57 PM »
Since I am most likely leaving the other group I'm interested in joining you guys. The problem is Sunday's don't work for me.
Go Dumples!

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 06:29:47 PM »
Josh, I'll pm you about it

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 05:59:04 PM »
OK, just a reminder to everyone, the next game is scheduled for this Sunday from Noon.  I say noon so that gives us a decent amount of time to level up characters, which tends to take a little while.  Also, if I stretch the game a bit longer, maybe you'll level twice?  <shrugs>(Hey, it could happen)

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »
OK, here's the lowdown for this Sunday.  Many of us have school festivals that we have to go to, which means that if we played at all, it would be later in the evening when we start.  However, on the brightside, you might be given Monday off as daikyuu, meaning it won't matter if we stay up late.  I have no idea what each individual school is doing, so unless I get that info from you guys I can't say whether we're playing or not. 

On even another note, there's a typhoon coming, which might mean some festivals will be cancelled/postponed.  Long story short, I need to know what eveyone's schedule looks like this weekend.  When does your festival end on Sunday?  If things get really complicated we'll just skip this week's session.

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 04:59:07 PM »
Nirasaki HS festival was in June but I don't mind staying up late since next week is exam week and I have no classes.
Candy from space built by robots . . . believe!

Offline Guest

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2007, 05:31:09 PM »
I have an enkai this sunday immediately following the festival.  zannen.
"Too much sanity can be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be."
--Miguel de Cervantes, Man of La Mancha

I feel patriotic in my pants.

This is Tyler, btw.

Offline Professor Bonerpants

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • lord of death
    • View Profile
    • invaders
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 05:31:57 PM »
My festival is on the 14th...

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2007, 08:41:52 AM »
i just found out that i also have an enkai after my festival....and then the one I already knew about on the 17th and 18th?  My teachers really like enkais.....
I think this Sunday is a no go-  :|  especially with the DM out, hehe

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • lord of death
    • View Profile
    • invaders
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2007, 12:48:26 PM »
OK -but if any others who are free would like to get together for some other games... I'm game.
I have Risk and Axis & Allies...

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2007, 04:42:33 PM »
I would be up for that as well, it's just that if I came I'd be really late.

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2007, 12:45:34 AM »
D&D VACATION:

Due to events in the next weeks, The campaign will be on temporary haiatus (sp?)  This last weekend was school festival-ed out, next weekend will be lake motosuko-ed and fuji Q-ed out, and the week after that will be Tokyo Game Show-ed out.  (plus that week I will have an out of town guest over, which takes priority in this case)  So I hate to say it, but the next time we will play is  Sunday, 9/30.  Unless you guys wanna drive up here to play during the work week-  which I know is kinda far for some of you to not play for a long time.  It may not be worth the drive, but I leave that descision up to you.

My recomendation is to come out to some of these events and enjoy them in lieu of D&D.  I'm gonna be there! 8-) :-D

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 09:56:10 AM »
What about the 17th if Richard's festival isn't washed out on Sunday. It is a national holiday.  :-)

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2007, 02:15:30 PM »
on the 17th I have a very long 2 day enkai in Yokohama, it lasts Monday and Tuesday  :|  It's kind of the most important enkai of the year, and my teachers will hate me if I don't go.  Last year we went to Tokyo.  Sorryyyyyyyy!!!!  I really wanna play too :cry:

Offline Ichigo

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »
on the 17th I have a very long 2 day enkai in Yokohama, it lasts Monday and Tuesday  :|  It's kind of the most important enkai of the year, and my teachers will hate me if I don't go.  Last year we went to Tokyo.  Sorryyyyyyyy!!!!  I really wanna play too :cry:

You're dead to me, JD. Dead.  :-P

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »
Well how many of us are going to the Tokyo Gaming Show?  Regardless of whether or not we get to play, I'd still like to see you guyses.

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2007, 06:43:07 PM »

You're dead to me, JD. Dead.  :-P

You know.... I do hold your character's life in my hands....  people who have few hit points shouldn't throw stones.... :evil:  :-D

Offline Dragon King

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2007, 09:21:29 AM »
  people who have few hit points shouldn't throw stones.... :evil:  :-D

Hell yeah!  They should throw FIREBALLS!!!

stone: ranged attack, 1d3 damage.

fireball: no attack roll, minimum 5d6 damage (save for half).   :roll: :wink: :-*
The owlbear accepts only the sweet apology of vengeance.

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2007, 12:32:40 PM »
Wow... nerds...

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2007, 01:34:28 PM »
Wow... nerds...

So I take it that means you'll be there on the 30th?

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2007, 02:19:25 PM »
Ok guys, As promised I plan to run a game on this sunday, the 30th, say from around 1 oclock?  Jessiqa, do you think you can make it too?  It'd be great if you could.  :-D

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2007, 12:38:21 AM »
Guh, I WISH... maybe if I could get a ride from Kofu or something... otherwise, how's the Skype thing sound?  I miss playing my char live... T_T

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »
A ride from Kofu station you mean?  If you can train as far as Nirasaki (320 yen I think) then we can pick you up easily, it's getting back home that I'd be worried about, I dunno the timetables on the fujiQ line so I dunno when the last trains are--  Skype is an option, although not as good. :|

Offline Qphelia

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Haven (LJ)
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2007, 02:14:48 PM »
Hmm... well what time do you usually finish?  I guess I'll need to know that before I agree to anything.

And when should I be at the station if I get picked up at Nirasaki?  There's a train that gets in at 11:44, and another that gets in at 12:30.  I don't want to have to leave the house before 9:30 to get there at 1 though. 

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • lord of death
    • View Profile
    • invaders
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »
If you can make it to Ryuo Stn by noon I can give you a lift.

That'll still leave you with the problem of getting home though. But maybe when we break for dinner or something someone can run you to the nearest station. At least that way you'd get in 5 or 6 hours of play...
Of course you'll have to double check all the train schedules.