Author Topic: "Updated" Nagano Soccer Tournament...  (Read 10632 times)

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
"Updated" Nagano Soccer Tournament...
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:11:45 PM »
OK you guys...so the tournament is days and counting. I hope you all are excited because it is looking to be a good year. So here is the updated information:

1. Rides are being worked out as we speak....I should have it all worked out by this afternoon...tomorrow the latest.

2. For those who are coming up on Friday night. Make sure you eat dinner before arriving to the hotel. Food is only provided Saturday morning, evening and Sunday morning, afternoon(that is right, lunch is not provided on Saturday). There are two combini's in that town. Usually, I would buy my lunch for Saturday on Friday b/c the combini's tend to sell out fast.

3. What to bring: The hotel does not provide us with towels or toiletries. So bring your own. Towels, soap, shampoo...etc.

4. B.Y.O.B. - though the Saturday night party does have a bar...be wise...be cheap...b.y.o.b. And large container of water

5. Yes, there is a large party Saturday night. Since the Nash knows the organizers..we always get put up in the hotel that is having the party. That means no last bus or long walk. This thing is massive and always a good time...get those dancing shoes ready K-lo.

6. Players...don't forget your gear!!

7. The evenings will be significantly cooler up in Nagano...bring a jacket. Be pepared for rain too....I guess I better check weather.com too. ;-)

8. Those who have come before...if I've left anything out...don't hesitate to post it.

Thanks you guys....  :-)

It's baaaaccccckkkkk!!!

That's right kids, the Nagano soccer tournment is happening at the end of next month. Come one, come all...whether you are a player (both football or other) or just a socializing...all is welcomed. This is usually a big event during the fall and it is a chance to meet others outside of the ken while getting to know the few who are in the ken as well. Here are the details.

Sports Fans,

I hope you are not too melty-gooey  in the summer heat. Now is probably not the best time to mention sweaty sports, but here goes...

Football is back on the menu, once again we will be holding the ALT SOCCER TOURNAMENT up in the cool mountains of Nagano Prefecture late next month. The Autumn tournament is always a huge affair, I hope that your teams can make it. On with the details......

WHEN?
September 29-30 (Sat & Sun)   

WHERE?
Sania Park, Sugadaira Kogen (Nagano Pref)   
WHO?
Eastern Japan teams may enter, mens 11-a-side and womens 6-a-side tournaments will be held.

HOW MUCH?
Players staying Fri & Sat - 16,500 yen
Players stying Sat night - 11,500 yen

Supporters staying Fri & Sat - 14,500
Supporters staying Sat night only - 9,500

http://altsoccertournament.googlepages.com/index

Let me know ASAP who wants to go. Tell me if you are playing or not and how many nights. Either respond here or send me a pm. For the newbs, if you know peeps that don't get on the forum....please spread the word. We would love for a crap load of people to go. Also, drivers are definitely welcomed!!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:00:30 AM by adirasta »
Every now and then some incredibly human moment pops out of the sea of suspicion and sarcasm we swim. This might not be that moment.

Saf

Re: Nagano Soccer Tournament...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:16:14 PM »
You know I'm down...

...as a non-player staying for 2 nights  :wink:

Offline Queen X

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 02:21:13 PM »
I'd like to RSVP for both nights as a supporter.
"At long last we can embrace our Americanness without betraying our blackness." theroot

Offline Tom

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 02:31:35 PM »
I'm down as a player. Both nights   This time I don't wanna see any holding back from the girls  :wink:
Cheryl!!

Offline Nattheninja

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:46:02 PM »
Put me down as a "ahem...cough" player for both nights haha.

Let's just hope you guys don't give me too much work to do!
I put the ass ass in ASSASSin

Offline Sarah

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:00:55 PM »
Crystal is officially back cheering!!!!!!! WOOT!  :-D
That means I am in, and my one goal this tournament is to help Natalie do as little work as possible.

Offline Lee

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 05:43:14 PM »
Hello fellow Nagano players and supporters.  I just have a word from our sponsor... All around good guy... Organizer... Manager. 

Regarding the mens team, as usual we have a lot of people wanting to play, which is great.  However, this is going to lead to people not getting as much playing time as you expect to (especially midfield and forward players).  We want everyone to enjoy themselves and play as much as possible, so please be understanding if such a situation arises.

Over and out.

Offline IrishDave

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
  • Yes, We Can
    • View Profile
    • Dave Cahill
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 01:00:18 AM »
Two days, player.

And if a low playing time situation arises, I'll be understanding. Understanding is my middle name.

Except in Japanese. In Japanese, my middle name is Wakarimasen.

Offline Govna

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 09:41:45 AM »
RSVP for 2 days as a player please.
Start your day off the Holy way with Christ Chex!

Offline Fake Kevin

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »
i am in for a little footsie.

two days - playa.

Offline Bex

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 10:23:49 AM »
me too.
2 days, player

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 10:34:05 AM »
I love that all these playaz are coming.....it's going to be a kick @ss tournie!  :-D

But where are our supporters (Crystal and Saf are a given ;-) )  We gotta have the best cheering crowd again this year.
Every now and then some incredibly human moment pops out of the sea of suspicion and sarcasm we swim. This might not be that moment.

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 03:32:16 PM »
Come on peeps, we need more supporters!!

Offline Queen X

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 03:50:47 PM »
Crystal is officially back cheering!!!!!!! WOOT!  :-D
That means I am in, and my one goal this tournament is to help Natalie do as little work as possible.

Thanks for the love guys. :cry: :cry:
"At long last we can embrace our Americanness without betraying our blackness." theroot

Offline Fake Kevin

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »
shit. it is possible i have a school festival that weekend. let me get back to you on this. shit.

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 01:07:03 PM »
But you're in High School...your school festivals shouldn't happen until next year  :oops:

Just say it ain't so...

Saf

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 06:28:43 PM »
I was wondering how rides are gonna be arranged for the non-wheelers?

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 10:44:22 AM »

I don't know Saf...you always tend to have that covered and then some.... :-P
Though not to worry...working on that this weekend. But it would be nice to see someone volunteer their car ;-)  and make my life a bit easier.

Just a heads up...money for the tournament is due next week. For those that are still thinking about signing up, you have until next week Monday today to decide...but until Tues. to pay. This is one event that you will regret not attending.

Those who have signed up...I will collect the money from you either this weekend or next week at practice.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 01:18:57 PM by adirasta »

Offline Queen X

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »

I don't know Saf...you always tend to have that covered and then some.... :-P
Though not to worry...working on that this weekend. But it would be nice to see someone volunteer their car ;-)  and make my life a bit easier.

Just a heads up...money for the tournament is due next week. For those that are still thinking about signing up, you have until next week Monday to decided. This is one event that you will regret not attending.

Those who have signed up...I will collect the money from you either this weekend or next week at practice.

Shereena, I won't be attending practice next week.  Maybe I can mail it to you.  Where do you live?

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
Shereena, I won't be attending practice next week.  Maybe I can mail it to you.  Where do you live?

That's ashame you aren't coming to practice. You need to make sure your voice is ready for the big weekend. As for my address...you can take the train/taxi/plane/bike to Ichikawahommachi eki and then give me a ring and I'll meet you at the station. I don't want "loud and confrontational Americans" knowing where I live  :-P .

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »
Sorry you guys...miscommunication. For those still on the fence about coming, you have until this afternoon 3:30pm to decide and payment is due next week Tuesday. ごめんね

Offline Queen X

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »

That's ashame you aren't coming to practice. You need to make sure your voice is ready for the big weekend. As for my address...you can take the train/taxi/plane/bike to Ichikawahommachi eki and then give me a ring and I'll meet you at the station. I don't want "loud and confrontational Americans" knowing where I live  :-P .

You don't hear my hurt...beCAUSE TEARS CAN'T BE HEARD SHEREENA. :cry:

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 02:32:08 PM »

I think someone needs to take Choppers advice  :wink: ...I'm going to tell Derek that you are softening up this year.

Offline Queen X

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 02:45:03 PM »

I think someone needs to take Choppers advice  :wink: ...I'm going to tell Derek that you are softening up this year.

I have a sensitive side...It appears everytime there's a solar eclipse during a leap year. :wink:

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »
lol....

Alright all, the list is going in now. Not at all a bad turn out.... about 20 Nash ALTs. Looks to be a great weekend.

Offline Fake Kevin

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 07:46:39 PM »
whoa, is this totally closed now?

i got the good word that i can go!

ahh!

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
Re: "Updated" Nagano Soccer Tournament...
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 10:01:12 AM »
updated information....scroll back up  :wink:

Offline NickyB

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 10:55:20 AM »
I`m thinking of driving up an enjoying the festivaties. But i`m not sure if it will be a day trip or for a few days. The car is open if someone is dying for a ride to or from.
I am the very model of a modern Major-General
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 11:05:28 AM »
Don't forget your onsen gear either...essential. And get ready for a great time and a great party. I'm all goosebumpily !!!!!

Offline adirasta

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 11:37:02 AM »
Don't forget your onsen gear either...essential. And get ready for a great time and a great party. I'm all goosebumpily !!!!!

coming from someone who only came to the party last year. Don't think we haven't forgot. We expect you at more than one(or more than 15 min.) game this year Fred and Morgan.  :-P That's right...I called you guys out  :mrgreen: