Author Topic: A little slice of nowhere  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Clint

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
  • Go raiko!
    • View Profile
A little slice of nowhere
« on: April 08, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »
Hey all,

Anyone who wants to come to the annual Kosuge (Population 923) Matsuri is welcome.

Sunday, May 4 is the date and it lasts pretty much all day. There will be taikoing, onsening, food vendor eating, fishing, golden leaf viewing, fireworking and a culminary, roaring bon fire. 

I live out in the middle of beautiful nowhere, so you will probably have to stay with me if you want to go. I have room for maybe 10 and can then try to put people up in tents or reserving a traditional Geinshi Mura thatch hut.

This is Golden Week, so of course many of you have plans. If you don't, I hear Brian and crew had a good time last year, and I expect we will again this year. I'd be down to go hiking around the Kosuge mountains that weekend if anyone wants to come.

Contact me if you want to go and I'll try putting people together with those who have cars and are willing to drive.

Hope you can come experience a little bit of the Kosuge life.

-Clint
When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. -P. Coelho

Offline Squirrel Mafia

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • それやだ....
    • View Profile
Re: A little slice of nowhere
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 12:35:07 PM »
I just wanted to say that I REALLY like your signature quote.   I've always felt like that, but your quote expresses it so elequently.

Edit:  PS, next time you're in the Kiyosato area, feel free to borrow Catcher in the Rye. :mrgreen:

Offline Clint

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
  • Go raiko!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 06:11:26 PM »
Word JD. I didn`t say it, but thanks. Yeah, will do on Catcher.
When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. -P. Coelho

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:23:31 PM »
When I get back to Japan, I will check my schedule and see if I can come back. Last year was rocking and the bonfires were INTENSE

Offline People's Republic of Hokuto - Comintern

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Workers to Power!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
This sounds really fun.  I"d like to come.
All powerful glorious leader

Offline Jess'ca

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:39:30 AM »
"food vendor eating" teehee! didn't know we could do that!
sounds interesting, not sure if i can make it, but i'll keep it in mind!