Author Topic: "English Tea Party in Wonderland" on JUNE 19 (SAT) @ Yamanashi Int. Center  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Victor YIA

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
Christina (the new brazilian CIR) and I will be organizing an English games event at Yamanashi International Center.

WHEN: JUNE 19 (SAT) from 1PM to 4:30PM

WHERE: YAMANASHI INTERNATIONAL CENTER (Kofu-shi Iida 2-2-3)

WHAT: Let’s play English language games together! This is a wonderfull opportunity to practice and improve your English language skills. All levels are welcome, so everyone can enjoy. At the end of the day, everybody will deepen friendships while enjoying cookies and tea! Join us with your friends! All the conversations will be in English, with different levels of games so that everyone can participate, but it is necessary to have good basics.

We therefore have two favors to the ALT community, particularly the the JET participants:
-We are looking for 4 people to participate to the event as volunteers, in order to be "Game Masters". You will be leading the english games.
-We would also like everyone to promote the event in your school, informing your JTE and, if possible, put up the flyer of the event through your school (particularly in middle and high schools).

We would really appreciate your help ! Recently, we have less and less participants to this kind of events so I think it is very important that the ALT community helps promoting those events.

Thank you very much ! I hope everyone had a great Golden Week.

See you,

Victor

Volunteers:

-Taurean
-Katrina
-Jenka
-Mandy
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:48:29 AM by Victor »

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
Victor, If my students are interested, what kind of information do you need from them for the application?  Would just their names and grades be ok?

I'm hanging up the posters and mentioning it in class but I can't promise you I can get anyone to join.

Offline taurean

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
I want to volunteer. 

What kind of games do you plan to do? 
-TB

Offline kashii

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
  • For life's not a paragraph...
    • View Profile
Looks like I'm free that day, so I'd like to volunteer.
There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it.
-George Bernard Shaw

Offline Victor YIA

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
Victor, If my students are interested, what kind of information do you need from them for the application?  Would just their names and grades be ok?

I'm hanging up the posters and mentioning it in class but I can't promise you I can get anyone to join.

Yeah if you have any students interested, please give me their name and grades, along with their telephone number so I can contact them if anything happens.

Thanks for advertising, I appreciate!!

Also, thank you for Taurean and Katrina for volunteering! We will be doing english language game. Please feel free to suggest any idea!

We are still looking for two volunteers so if you are interested don't hesitate to apply!

Offline Victor YIA

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
Good news, the event will be promoted in the NHK EVENT PR!
The PR will be shot on the 7th of june (monday), and will be on air the same day at 6 in the evening. Of course, volunteers are invited to take part of it, if they can and want to!

Offline Victor YIA

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
Hello people!

I found two other volunteers so we don't need anymore volunteers.
But you can still participate if you want of course, and I'm counting on everyone to promote the event at your schools.

See you,

Victor

Offline kashii

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
In light of my recent injury, I may have to drop out as a volunteer. If it's a terrible inconvenience, then I'll continue on, but I need a ride to and from the International Center and will need to stay seated throughout the whole event.
There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it.
-George Bernard Shaw

Offline Victor YIA

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
Okay Katrina don't worry, I found someone to replace you!
I'm sorry for you, I hope it's not too bad!
Rest well!

Offline kashii

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
Thank you! I hope it went well!
-George Bernard Shaw