Author Topic: 2012 Summer Fireworks Festival Thread *Now with jesse endorsement*  (Read 7535 times)

Offline LozZz

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
for those driving you can park you cars at Ichikawa Elementary and some of the other local schools. There is a decent, but not amazing view from the hillside of the area.

I usually just go a lil early and park in the Elementary school and walk down to the river. I don't usually have much of an issue with traffic on the way home as most many people take the train. I've driven every year and haven't had issues, in my opinion it certainly beats packed trains.

Although keep in mind if you want to reserve your own spot you'll need to get in early. I'm not sure on the date but you can mark out a spot about a week or so in advance (if you try to claim an area earlier it will probably be removed). Most people just mark their spot with some plastic string tied to pegs, with a name attached to it somehow.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:58:23 PM by LozZz »

Offline Mister.J

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Work Hard and Be NIce to People
    • View Profile
Anybody going to the Ichikawa Daimon tomorrow?  Anyone want to meet up?

Charging all my batteries today so I can get some good pictures
I'm an okay mechanic with a GED.  The only thing I've ever been good at is be an outlaw.

Offline OxO

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
I am but...is there no plan like last year?
毒食らわば皿まで

Offline Mister.J

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Work Hard and Be NIce to People
    • View Profile
Well I think Fred isnt going so the whole Fred usually reserves a spot thing is out.

So if some people want to meet up somewhere or something?
I'm an okay mechanic with a GED.  The only thing I've ever been good at is be an outlaw.

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
Well I think Fred isnt going so the whole Fred usually reserves a spot thing is out.

So if some people want to meet up somewhere or something?

Yeah. Sorry, i am off on holiday...but brittany said she was organising something. You should ask her.

Offline jademd

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
This may be a super late response to the post, and I don't know how many people would be up for it, but the final fireworks show for Yamanashi is in Isawa on August 21st, and starts from around 7 and lasts until 10pm (the entire festival that is).  The fireworks kick off at 8!  I must say being a native of this town, it's quite awesome...I know for the new JETS, it's the day before the beginning of Local Orientation, but if you're in the area, I would highly recommend it, especially if it'd be your first for the season.

If you guys need more details, or if anybody who's too far away needs a place to crash, lemme know i'd try my best to accommodate...
Don't be terrified of my maniacal ever-present smile...i'm always on a "Think Happy, Be Happy" high....

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
I'm in Isawa too; I could probably see them from my apartment. But I'd prefer to hang out with people  :lol: Can I join you?

Offline jademd

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
 8-) why of course!!!  :-D  Will DM you closer to the date to organize where to meet up, etc if that's alright with you?
Don't be terrified of my maniacal ever-present smile...i'm always on a "Think Happy, Be Happy" high....

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
Sounds good to me. Yay!

Offline Kgilly

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
I would love to come and join as well. I am only about a 10 min train ride away... Could I walk from the station to meet you all?

Offline Terranasaurus Rex

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
The train station is a litttle bit far of a treck to be honest. If I figure out where to park I don't mind shuttling people from the station though! Last year when we went we walked from Amanda's (Lana's) apartment and it wasn't toooo far--closer than the station.

Where and what time should we meet? Around 7? If I can find my tarp (lol brittany might still have it) I might even go early to reserve a spot. (I might get us VIP spots??)
Students of mine involved in traffic accidents:

Since April 2013: 1
In 2012/13: 8

Offline buriko

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
I wanna go with you guys!!! And yes I still have your tarp Terra. :D

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
You're welcome to park at my apartment~

Offline jademd

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
K, i think a group of people are meeting at the Fuefuki Board of Education Building at around 6:30pm,  which is directly in front of the river itself...for those people with cellphones the coordinates are 35.646118, 138.638666

I will be riding my bike and literally chaining it up somewhere close.  The walk from the station isn't unbearable (maybe 15-20 mins), and cars will not be allowed into some areas once the festival is in full swing, because it attracts massive crowds...so in fact there will still be some amount of walking...

if anybody gets a bit lost i'm :  jody_dixon@ezweb.ne.jp

Offline Josiah

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
  The walk from the station isn't unbearable (maybe 15-20 mins),

Girl, please.  :wink:

It's not that bad, plus I need to show everyone how beautifully I float in my summer kimonoooo

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
Well I wouldn't walk from the station. Ride my bike, yes, but I prefer not to waste that much of my time on transport when it isn't necessary, and it is almost never necessary with hoards of people willing to offer rides.

I had planned to drive and park somewhere and wear my yukata as well, but with parking, biking is certainly easier, so that's what I'll probably do.

Offline OxO

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
    • View Profile
I was contemplating investigating that anyway but it seems a bunch of people are going...guess I should upgrade my contemplation.
Where is it? The riverside?- where the Shingen/Kenshin battle thing was?
毒食らわば皿まで

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
Well I wouldn't walk from the station. Ride my bike, yes, but I prefer not to waste that much of my time on transport when it isn't necessary, and it is almost never necessary with hoards of people willing to offer rides.

I had planned to drive and park somewhere and wear my yukata as well, but with parking, biking is certainly easier, so that's what I'll probably do.

There's quite a bit of parking space at my apartment (was Lana's). You can park and walk from here; less than a mile away!

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile

There's quite a bit of parking space at my apartment (was Lana's). You can park and walk from here; less than a mile away!

Oh yeah! Why do I keep forgetting about that option? Okay..I'll do that! How long do you think it'll take us to walk over from there? Or are you gonna take off on your bike and leave me behind?  :roll:  :-*

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
Google Maps says it'll take about 10-15 minutes. I'll walk if you walk!

Or, if your car can fit your bike, you can park and we'll bike there :D

Offline buriko

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
May I join you ladies?  :-*

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
Well the main point of walking rather than biking is that I can't very easily (modestly) bike in a yukata..haha!

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
Right. Gotcha. haha

Yeeah! So should we leave my place around 6:15 to get there on time? A little earlier?

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
Right. Gotcha. haha

Yeeah! So should we leave my place around 6:15 to get there on time? A little earlier?

6:15 sounds fine...but don't be surprised if I am a bit early. ^^;