Author Topic: Game ideas for English club  (Read 1764 times)

Long bearded Josh

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Offline Offline
  • I'm Long Bearded Josh, & This is my personal text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.elimeyer.com/josh
Game ideas for English club
« on: May 01, 2006, 11:40:48 AM »
Next term I will be transfering back to the school with the english club. The problem is, the JTE who I worked with planned it all and she is now gone. In her place is a womoan who not only is not an English teacher, but bearly speaks English. I would appreciate any easy ideas you might have.

Here are some that I have

Card games.
Students play various card games in English; Games like "Go fish" are self explanitory But you can play other games like 21. When you do this, the kids need to say the color and name (ace, king, queen or jack)/ number of their cards. We can replace "hit" and "stand" with more every day words like "one more please"

Any more Ideas?

-LBJ
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 11:44:33 AM by Long bearded Josh »
Go Dumples!

soulwithane

Re: Game ideas for English club
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 01:31:45 PM »
Hmm.  There's a version of the card game war in Team taught pizza.  You basically make four sets of the same 13 words.  The students flip over their cards and the first student to use both of the words in the sentence gets to keep the cards.  If the students flip over the same word, they eac have to flip over another card and the first student to make a sentence out of all three words gets the cards.  This game could potentially last forever if the student's abilities are similar because it goes until one student has all the cards.

Time to go play battleship with my ichinensei