Author Topic: Message from CLAIR  (Read 826 times)

Offline Nattheninja

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
Message from CLAIR
« on: October 15, 2007, 03:47:49 PM »
Sorry for the short notice but I was only sent this today...

Dear Prefectural Representatives,

National AJET is working on 2 things for CLAIR at the moment, and we would like to get the local chapter of AJET involved!  Here are the projects:

1. CLAIR has asked us to write an article for the upcoming CLAIR Forums Japanese Language newsletter.  The article is going to be how "the JET Programme and JETs are helping Japan connect to the rest of the world ."  Specifically we are looking for stories/events/pictures of how JETs are helping Japan/Japanese people connect with foreign countries/foreigners, and not as much about JETs travelling abroad.

*Deadline for this one is Friday, October 19th.

2. National AJET will be meeting with CLAIR, and MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) in December.  As part of the meeting, we are going to do a presentation about local AJET Activities.  If you have any event that you would like included, please feel free to send a description, pictures, video footage, etc. 

The theme should be about Internationalization in Japan.  This is our chance to show off all the great things that JETs do outside of their day-to-day jobs.  CIRs also, do you have any events/programs that you would like to have featured to CLAIR/MEXT?

*Deadline for this one is Friday, October 26th.

SO, help us help you!  We are looking for submissions of cool stuff, so we can show CLAIR, MEXT, and the rest of Japan what a great job JETs and AJET are doing.

Thanks in advance!  I'm looking forward to hearing about all the great stuff that is going on.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Shu
2007-2008 AJET National Council
Chair

Email: chair@ajet.net

I put the ass ass in ASSASSin