Author Topic: Fall Foliage Festival @ Lake Yamanaka!  (Read 1601 times)

Offline nekori7

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
Fall Foliage Festival @ Lake Yamanaka!
« on: October 21, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »
Fall Foliage Festival at Lake Yamanaka
What: The Fall Foliage Festival at Lake Yamanaka
Where: Lake Yamanaka & Fujiyoshida
When: Saturday, November 9th, 2 PM ~ evening
Hosts: Your host will be Katrina!
How (much): Free, pay for your own dinner

Come take a walk by Lake Yamanaka and see the amazing fall foliage! Spectacular view of Mt. Fuji guaranteed.

You can see some of the pictures I took there last year here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157631966915990/

Yamanakako's official event site: http://www.yamanakako.gr.jp/event/info1.php?ent_id=28

Afterwards we'll hit up some dinner in Fujiyoshida and head out to karaoke!

LOCATION: YAMANAKAKO,ASAHIGAOKA BUS TERMINAL (Click the link!)

TRANSPORTATION
By car: You can park by Yamanakako in the parking lot by Asahigaoka. There's parking all along the side of the lake, so if you can't find a spot close to the bus terminal, feel free to park a little further down.

By bus: There are two buses from Fujisan Station that will take you towards Asahigaoka: the bus for Hirano and Doshi (平野~道志), and the Fujikko bus (ふじっ湖号). For this event, I recommend taking the 1:20 bus from Fujisan train station for Hirano and Doshi (富士山駅~忍野八海~山中湖~平野~道志) and get off at Asahigaoka (旭日丘). The fare is ¥620 one way.

For a map of the bus route (JP): http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/line/sh02_map.html
For more information on bus times for the Hirano-Doshi bus (JP): http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/line/jikokuhyo/06.html

For the walk, please wear comfortable shoes and warm clothes, just in case it's windy. The walk is not difficult at all, but it's not something you want to go tromping around in heels in! You might also want to consider bringing a snack or a drink, too. And don't forget your camera!

Dinner and karaoke are still in the works, so stay tuned! Lodging should also be available for those who want to party hard and stay out after the last train back.

If you're planning on joining us for dinner or karaoke, please RSVP by November 2nd! We need to know how many people we want to make a reservation for before we can flesh everything out entirely. At the moment we're looking into a restaurant by Fujisan station and a karaoke place not too far from there, but stay tuned!

For those of you who would like to drink / stay the night here, I am offering up lodging in Doshi, but due to morning plans, everyone will have to be taken back to the train station in Tsuru fairly early (read: 6 AM). There are plenty of us in Tsuru and Yoshida who can offer you a place to stay, so say the word and we'll find a place for you to crash!

RSVP list for dinner/karaoke.

1. Katrina Leonoudakis
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:05:27 PM by fred »

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Foliage Festival @ Lake Yamanaka!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »
Any reason it's starting into the afternoon rather than morning?
Around how far is the walk? Thinking about bringing the kids but if it's too long (however easy it is) they'll end up getting grouchy and what-not.
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!

Offline kelloggs

• Teacher
  • Captain Kangaroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »
Going! I can also give people rides from Fuji-san Station to Yamanakako (my car has room for 4 passengers). Depending on how long everyone is there, though, I may leave early so I can pick up the hubby at work. After that, the two of us might walk from the Bear Cave to wherever folks decide to go to dinner.
How do you feel about people who go ''Hadouken!''

Online fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »
Any reason it's starting into the afternoon rather than morning?
Around how far is the walk? Thinking about bringing the kids but if it's too long (however easy it is) they'll end up getting grouchy and what-not.

It is in the afternoon so that we can have dinner/drinks/shenanigans in the evening. As there are going to be people coming from all over, it gives them time to arrive and then they are hanging around waiting for dinner.

As always on these walks, groups will find their own pace and walk as there is no set route, just a start/finish point.

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 02:46:45 PM »
Well I'm sure either kaito or takuma will find someone's shoulders to sit on if they get tired anyway so we'll probably be coming. Not to the dinner though I don't think
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!

Online fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »
By someone, you mean yourself right?  :wink:

Offline Tokyo Drifter

• Teacher
  • Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 09:01:44 PM »
Les and Kelly signing in.

Offline Terranasaurus Rex

• Teacher
  • Sasquatch
  • Cad é sin do'n té sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 01:23:58 PM »
Coming up on the RSVP deadline for dinner/karaoke. I still want to know where/what kind of food we will be eating before I decide.
Students of mine involved in traffic accidents:

Since April 2013: 1
In 2012/13: 8

Offline Khaleesi

• Teacher
  • Woolly Mammoth
  • rock lobster! No! ROCK PIGEON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 12:36:57 AM »
In for the walk, not for the dinner.
i am the wife of the great Khal Drogo.