Author Topic: Nash 500 - 2014!! The Prefecture-wide Scavenger Hunt!!  (Read 1338 times)

Offline swagnorious

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
Nash 500 - 2014!! The Prefecture-wide Scavenger Hunt!!
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:39:12 AM »
It's time for one of our most popular annual events:

The Nash 500!!!

What: The Nash 500!
Initial meeting place: Parking lot of Aeon Mall in Kofu Showa, Lot A.
When: Sunday, April 13th, 9:30am
Cost: It is FREE, but you will need to split the cost of any gas or tolls used with your fellow teammates.

The Nash 500 is a prefecture-wide scavenger hunt that gets participants to explore Yamanashi. Participants gather into teams and drive around the prefecture visiting various famous landmarks, buildings and interesting areas to collect pictures and complete tasks. They will dress up in costumes and do various challenges all over the prefecture! But be sure to complete the tasks within the time limits and meet back at the desginated meeting points.

If you'd like to join:
First, create your own team and post it here!  You can have as many teammates as will legally fit in your car.  Usually this is 4-5 people.
Then, choose your theme together.  Examples of team themes in years past are Dukes of Hokentucky (Dukes of Hazzard costume and decorated car), Go Go Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro costumes and car), Rainbow Racers (Mario Kart theme). You can choose any theme and costumes but you WILL BE JUDGED ON APPEARANCE so choose wisely! 
Next, post your team mates names and team name here!
Last, Show up!

The hunt organizers will distribute the clue sheets for the morning's tasks at 9:40am sharp, at which point you're free to get started. Check-in points and times will be detailed in the materials distributed at the start, this will include the morning tasks. The morning tasks are to be completed before the lunch time deadline. We will all meet again at lunch time and you will be given a second set of tasks to complete before dinner time.

At least one person in your group has to bring a camera (preferably one that can also record videos) with a removable memory card!

The hunt will end at roughly dinner time at a location to be disclosed, at which point we will tally points and distribute awards and prizes while everyone eats dinner. Points will also be given for costumes and the manner in which you complete the tasks!

We will also announce the results of voting for the next year's YETI council at this time!

If you are interested in running for a position on next year's council, then we highly recommend you get involved in helping us plan and judge this event. We are currently looking for two judges to help us. It will be a lot of fun and you will gain valuable insight into how the council functions.

Get to planning!  Post here or on the Facebook event page when you know your team!  If you do not know who you wish to be teamed up with but want to participate, please let us know so we can hook you up! Remember, at least one person in your team must own/rent a car to participate. This event requires one driver and car for each team.

Offline swagnorious

• Teacher
  • Turtle Face
    • View Profile
Re: Nash 500 - 2014!! The Prefecture-wide Scavenger Hunt!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »
This post is reserved for Nash 500 team listings.

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 12:55:57 PM »
At least one person in your group has to bring a camera (preferably one that can also record videos) with a removable memory card!

What is this removable memory card you talk about? Actual physical memory? Are we living in the 20th century or what?
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!

Offline karta

• Teacher
  • Gen. Gorilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 12:40:56 PM »
I'd like to participate but don't have a team  :cry:

Offline Jotham

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
  • Lifer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »

I thought this too. As it happens, I've planned something else, but I don't know how many other people are in our situation but don't want to admit they don't know enough people to make a team. I'm over here in Tsuru and other than the Tsuru ALTs and at the odd pub quiz I don't meet too many other ALTs in the Nash.
It probably doesn't help that I'm a miserable, reclusive, father of two with a busy schedule.  ^-^
Wouldn't it be nice, to get on with my neighbours!

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 04:13:09 PM »

I thought this too. As it happens, I've planned something else, but I don't know how many other people are in our situation but don't want to admit they don't know enough people to make a team. I'm over here in Tsuru and other than the Tsuru ALTs and at the odd pub quiz I don't meet too many other ALTs in the Nash.
It probably doesn't help that I'm a miserable, reclusive, father of two with a busy schedule.  ^-^

If anyone else feels this way, please say so, and then they can make a team for you all :p

Unfortunately, I have another commitment that day so I won't be able to join the activities (yet again :cry:), but I will try to meet you all for dinner afterward.

Offline aMandarinAlmond

• Teacher
  • Ltn. Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 04:15:53 PM »
Oh right, especially since the election results will be revealed then, I will try to make the dinner.

OT; The election, by the way, is about to launch, so get ready to vote!

Offline fred

• Fred
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate YETI Gibbon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »
Thanks everyone for coming and taking part in the Nashi 500 this year.
Congratulations to team MIB finished top of the pile and team Totoro who won the very very closely contested costume prize!
As organizers we really enjoyed seeing your costumes, photos, videos and your interpretation of our tasks. We certainly laughed a lot and we appreciated all of your hard work

Thank you again for taking part!

P.S. We are going to try and upload the photos/videos to this event page If we can.

Also, here is a breakdown of point categories…